Menu
holfrar
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

swapping from 30 day to 12 month contract

Hi 

I currently have 2 numbers (my daughters) on a 30 day rolling contract, one is currently on 4G, the other on 3G.

I want to move them both over to the new 12 month contract, on 4G, to take advantage of the better data usage, what is the best way of going about this? 

Looking on my account i cannot see a way to stop the 30 day contract (just upgrade) 

I can order the new sim for them (having to do 2 separate orders) which i assume i can then move both numbers across, but i cannot see how to stop the original contract.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rich_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: swapping from 30 day to 12 month contract

Hi holfrar,

Thanks for posting.

What you'll be doing is upgrading the contract from a 30 day to 12 month. So you don't actually end the 30 day contract and then start another one, rather upgrade the existing one.

You can follow the below steps to upgrade your contract:-

Click here > Plan and device > Change my plan

When you go through you need to make sure you're selecting one of the 4G plans. The extra data deal will probably be added later on through the order process.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

Can make calls, but no data? Check your "Virgin Mobile APN settings"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
teabag
Wise owl
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Rich_B

Doing it the way you suggest, does not seem to work with my 30day contract SIM. if I say select the £9 SIM with 5x data offer - all I'm offered is the the basic 1GB allowance and also lose my current double data promotion in the process, I've gone all the way to the confirm page.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £8 sims. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rich_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

In that case @holfrar should be able to get it upgraded either in store or by calling 789 / 0345 6000 789.

Rich
Forum Team

Can make calls, but no data? Check your "Virgin Mobile APN settings"

0 Kudos