cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim cancelled without permission

battersea2
Joining in

I called Virgin to enquire about an increase in my bill (because 1 week earlier Virgin had offered a discount). I insisted I did not want change to my package. The call centre lady said no problem they would not apply increase. 

Then I received an email saying Virgin had cancelled my wife's sim card!

After another long call with Virgin call centre they said they could not put back the sim as before. It would have to be cancelled and a different package ordered (more expensive off course).
I agreed but still no sim received.

Has this happened to anyone else? Can Virgin please get in touch to let me know what is happening before my wife's phone is cut off?

8 REPLIES 8

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @battersea2,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that your wife is having some trouble with her SIM card and Virgin Mobile services. Have the team advised that a new SIM card has been dispatched? If so, when did that happen?

Can you also confirm if the account is under your name, or your wife's?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks for the reply Zach.
The account is in my name but my wife has the sim (I have work phone).

Package was internet + sim. 

I spent a long time talking to the call center about this and they said a new sim would be delivered. This was end of Jan.
But nothing received and no email confirmation of this.
Yesterday I received below email from Virgin. 

We've got your request to cancel your Virgin Mobile contract. Everything's sorted. 

We'll cancel your contract on 12/02/2022 - 01/04/2022 as requested. Until then, we'll bill you as normal and you'll have Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Texts, 15 GB Data to use a month as usual. 

Now worried that my wife's phone will be cut off.
Can you please clarify what is happening with our account?

Call center have not been at all helpful so far.
Seems they are incentivized to meet some targets regardless of customer wishes.

Thanks for coming back to us @battersea2.

I would be happy to take a further look into this but would need to take some details via private message.

Please look out for my message and we can get started look into this for you.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven, I sent you some details yesterday via private message. Please get in touch by email or phone.

Would be very helpful to know when Virgin will cut off the sim?
Is another one already ordered? When will it arrive?

Kevin

Thanks for coming back to me @battersea2, if you get in touch with us via the forums, we will handle your issues via the forums, we cannot arrange any call backs or ring you from here.

I responded to your private message around 40 minutes ago, please have a look for my response.

Regards,

Steven_L

JRM1982
Joining in

I had a very similar experience with them cutting off my sim for no reason. 

In the end I decided to move to giff gaff as they have a really good customer service, were not hiking their prices due to inflation and offer reasonable sim only deals. 

Unlimited calls and text and 15Gb of data for £10 a month!

So far so good. New sim arrived within 24 hours, easy process to swap my number using a PAC code, and no issues with service. 

Finally after some PMs the forum support people gave me a phone number to call O2 to order a new sim.
Quite shocking customer service from Virgin. What a waste of my time.

Also seems complaint I raised with Virgin about this issue via call centre was not recorded anywhere.
Forum support have not yet supplied direct contact details for complaints department.

We truly apologise for your experience @battersea2.

I can see you are still in PM with a member of our team. Our team will aim to respond there as soon as possible. 

Also, if you wish to raise your concerns with us, please see our complaints code of practice  https://virg.in/comcop or our team can further assist you via PM.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs