Menu
Highlighted
jnm21
Tuning in
Message 31 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: roaming surcharges

teabag, firstly thanks for all your help - I have seen your name helping out all over this forum while lurking as a guest!

As for the inc. VAT, yes, one could argue (not conclusively IMHO) that cost implies inc. VAT, but where there is a requirement on Virgin to tell us a figure, it would be best to clarify it 110% - this should not be a grammar test/debate! Smiley Happy

As for next year values, I would say estimate - VAT does not change that often (in any case if it changed, I believe that we would pay more or less, so the excluding VAT price is fixed, not the including VAT price, i.e. if it went to 21% my bill would go up, Virgin would not absorb it) & the wholesale rates (albeit in Euros & subject to change) are published for a number of years.- like everything in life is subject to change (except the looming presence of death & taxes), especially when dealing with a large company.  I was reading a fairly comprehensive FUP for a network today - the list of must not do's was quite long, but still the caveat was there at the end that it was not exhaustive - fairly typical of the way I see big companies treating the little people day in day out - typically taking a "we've got your money, you get it back if you can" stance.

Have Virgin made any comment on possible post-Brexit inclusive roaming plans?  It is very unfair on consumers that they are signing up to contracts well past March, not knowing if the inclusive elements will suddenly & drastically change, in some cases (24+ month contracts) less than 40% of the way through.  From what I read, of the four networks, only Three has committed to retaining it, with the others in various similar shades of maybe & at least one already preparing a 'blame the government' stance if it goes.

0 Kudos
teabag
Community elder
Message 32 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: roaming surcharges

@jnm21 said: "Have Virgin made any comment on possible post-Brexit inclusive roaming plans?  It is very unfair on consumers that they are signing up to contracts well past March, not knowing if the inclusive elements will suddenly & drastically change, in some cases (24+ month contracts) less than 40% of the way through.  From what I read, of the four networks, only Three has committed to retaining it, with the others in various similar shades of maybe & at least one already preparing a 'blame the government' stance if it goes."

My guess/say on it, seeing as Virgin have gone for the minimum required for the roaming, if no EU rules are in place for roaming post Brexit - Virgin will drop it the day they can.

I don't really expect any comments on it from Virgin, if they do - when the time comes they will do the opposite :-)

I know it sounds like I'm trying to run Virgin down - beleive it or not I'm not actually trying to do that!, it's just my personal feeling on what Virgin may do.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only x2. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos