cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Refreshing Sim Data" - Most of the day and getting worse.

whonickedmyname
On our wavelength

I have 3 unlocked Samsungs, all on the same account -  (2 A72's and an A71).  All were bought direct from Samsung. 

All three experience horrendous reception - my phone will say that it has 3 bars of service, but cannot connect to the network ALL THE TIME. 

We constantly get "Refreshing sim data" messages throughout the day. 

I've tested my Sims with alternative phones and it happens with them too. 

I can't get texts unless I go outside and reboot the phone (sometimes even this doesn't work). 

Do I need 3 new sims?  Will that even fix the issue?  

Please don't ask me to call because I have no reception.  

3 REPLIES 3

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @whonickedmyname thanks for posting and welcome back to our community. 

I am sorry to hear that you're having a poor reception.  I would like to take a closer look at this on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi, 

I've received all three sims.   None have made a difference. 

My phone sits happily on my desk with 2/3 bars all day - constantly "refreshing sim data"  and every time I attempt to use it to make a call it's "not registered on network".    I purchased a pay as you go sim from another Giff Gaff and I do not have issues with any of my phones using that sim, no matter where I stand in my house - so this is a virgin issue.  

And, I'm now realising that this issue has been going on for at least six MONTHS and I've lost clients over it.    

Is the mast in my area even working? 

The coverage report says I should have "Excellent" coverage for my postcode, but I don't, at all. 

I can't get verification texts and now I've switched to Wifi calling, I'm getting clients say they tried to call me but I have no missed calls.  Ive seen evidence of this, sat next to the phone I'm attempting to call via a landline.  It has wifi calling on, full signal - internet working... the phone rings twice, then a message says "The phone I'm trying to call is switched off" and no missed call is logged. 

I need this fixed ASAP, and would like some kind of compensation for lack of service (on all three accounts). 

Hi whonickedmyname,

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing. It may be this needs looking at by the mobile networking team. I've sent you a private message to confirm your mobile details.

Cheers,

Corey C