cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Not registered in network" after being abroad

JenChi
Joining in

Came back from Jersey about 26 hours ago. Since landing my phone has been unable to connect to Virgin network. I have tried restarting my phone several times, removed the SIM card, putting the phone onto flight mode for 10 minutes, left my phone off overnight, tried selecting all other available networks - nothing is working. Help.

9 REPLIES 9

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JenChi, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns.

Can you please confirm that you have the mobile roaming feature turned On, on your device's settings please?

Can you also confirm if this was turned on before you came back into the UK, and how long were you abroad for too?

Many thanks

Tom_W

After finding out that I couldn't use my phone whilst in Jersey, I turned off data roaming at the end of the first day and didn't turn it back on.

I have just turned data roaming back on.

I was in Jersey for 7 days.

Hi @JenChi thanks for your confirmation.

Can you please also check if your roaming is turned on, on your online Virgin Mobile account? Additionally, can you see if the SIM works in another handset or does the same thing happen?

Finally, is this affecting just mobile data or is it texts and phone calls too?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Roaming was on on my online Virgin Mobile account.

Just tried the SIM on a Xiaomi Mi A1. After trying to connect to Virgin network I now have a warning sign on the top of the screen and the message "No service Selected network (Virgin Mobile) unavailable". I have gone back to see what other network options there are and the word "Forbidden" is after Virgin Mobile 4G.

This is affecting data, texts AND phone calls.

I was able to receive texts whilst in Jersey.

Hi @JenChi thanks for your reply.

If you keep trying to connect to the network approximately 5-10 times, it should eventually filter through.

Can you try this several more times to see if you have anymore luck?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Should I let the phone "Automatically select network", or manually select Virgin Mobile again?

Hi @JenChi, keep manually selecting Virgin Mobile and see how you get on with this.

If things are still unsuccesful, please perform a reboot and then automatically select - please keep me posted.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Manually selected and reselected Virgin Mobile over half a dozen times in just over 10 minutes. Didn't connect.

Rebooted phone. Left phone to automatically select network for just over 10 minutes. Still no connection.

Hi @JenChi thanks for your reply.

Seeing as this still hasn't worked for you, I'm going to need to pop you a PM to see what else I can find out.

Please expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W