cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Conditional call forwarding active" message and connection issues

purpleivan
On our wavelength

I have a Galaxy S9 and have been on Virgin Mobile since January this year. Until recently I've not have any problems with using the phone on the Virgin network.

However about 2-3 weeks ago I had problems make a call to someone and they had the same issue calling me back, which was that the message "Conditional call forwarding active" would appear (not noticed this previously at any time) and the call would not connect. The calling app would simple drop the call attempt after a couple of seconds. After numerous attempts, one of us managed to get a call through to the other.

This wasn't a case of both of us attempting to call each other at the same time, as we were coordinating our call attempts over Whatsapp.

The problem went away until yesterday, when I tried to call my doctor, which took 3 attempts, as the "Conditional call forwarding active" message and dropping the call immediately behavior was back.

Later in the day I had the same issues again, when calling, or recieving a call with the person I first experienced the issue with.

I tried to disable the various Call Forwarding options in the phone's settings, but got this message.

"Failed to read data.

Something went wrong. Check your SIM card or network connection, then try again."

I have since removed and reinserted the SIM card, as well as restarting the phone. The issues seems to be limited to making/receiving calls, as the data connection works fine and the network strength is shown as 4 out of 5 bars.

I've also gone through the process to get the phone to automatically find the mobile network and connect to it (Connections/Mobile Networks/Network Operators/Select Automatically), however I'm still experincing most calls failing to connect and the Call Forwarding message popping up.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey purpleivan,

Thanks for coming back, in regards to the call forwarding I will be happy to look into this for you, I will send you a invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey purpleivan,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you are having issues with a certain contact who is having the same issue with your number, have you tried removing the contact and them you and trying to re-add it to see if this resolves the issue?

Regards

Paul.

I've not done that, but I'm having problems with more than one contact, which was a call to my GP, so a landline number.

I'll this suggestion a try though.

Regarding the 2nd part of my issue, that I can't disable call forwarding. Is that something that's expected with a Virgin Mobile SIM, or should I be able to do that?

I meant that "I'll give this suggestion a try" or couse 🙂

I'd have edited my post to correct that, but I don't see the option to edit.

Hey purpleivan,

Thanks for coming back, in regards to the call forwarding I will be happy to look into this for you, I will send you a invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.