cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem receiving calls abroad

colshaws
Joining in

I have just arrived in Ireland, I can make outgoing calls but when my phone rings and I answer I am not connected to the caller in the uk although the call timer shows I am connected. I have data roaming  turned on and I have used thisphone in Ireland before with no problems.

136 REPLIES 136

Hi Joanne,

I am sorry we are unable to find you on our system with the details we have for you, so I can help further and get your details, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope too accept.

Regards

Paul.

ColC143
Joining in

I have just returned from Majorca and had exactly the same problem there

I contacted Virgin Mobile (150) and was advised that many people have the same problem, Virgin mobile are aware and this has been going on since May

Presumably this problem still has not been solved?

Hi

Issue still not resolved for me and no communication from Virgin either.

Sorry to hear that Joannemitchell, are you still currently abroad? Did you activate the roaming service prior to leaving the UK? There is support for roaming here

Have you been able to use your handset broad previously? Have you had a replacement SIM card since you last went away?

Rob

Forum Team reply:

Thank you for that information. We are aware of this specific issue and are working to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

Sadly we don't currently have a time frame for this. 

^Martin

I have this problem in Holland - been going on since July on two different phones (both iPhones) outgoing calls are fine but all incoming calls from the UK do not connect. Are we any closer to getting a solution?

Hi @beerpiguk,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue whilst roaming. Can you confirm for me what diagnostics and troubleshooting you've carried out thus far in an effort to remedy this?

Are you also able to confirm what happens when a UK number attempts to make contact with you? Do they hear an engaged tone for example?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @beerpiguk,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue whilst roaming. Can you confirm for me what diagnostics and troubleshooting you've carried out thus far in an effort to remedy this?

Are you also able to confirm what happens when a UK number attempts to make contact with you? Do they hear an engaged tone for example?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

I have rebooted my phone - changed carriers manually - also reloaded the mobile profile that was sent to my phone when changing to a new phone. Callers on both ends just here silence but screens on phones look like the call is connected.

Problem has existed on two different phone iPhone 12 Pro and still the same issue on iPhone 14 Pro