cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem receiving calls abroad

colshaws
Joining in

I have just arrived in Ireland, I can make outgoing calls but when my phone rings and I answer I am not connected to the caller in the uk although the call timer shows I am connected. I have data roaming  turned on and I have used thisphone in Ireland before with no problems.

136 REPLIES 136

Hi John, it looks like this issue is affecting a number of people and has been raised with yourselves a number of months ago.

Can we ask for an update on everyone's issues please.

Has it been resolved for some users?

Many thanks

Joanne 

Hi Joanne, we're not aware of this issue but I have PM'ed Gavin, if you can ask him to reply to me that'd be ideal so i can assist 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Will do John thanks very much for you assistance 

Regards 

Nick 

Hi, I'm in Dublin today and still can't receive calls to my mobile.....I was in touch back in August when in Donegal and couldn't receive calls.....Any update as this issue is still not resolved..... many thanks Joanne 

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, really sorry to hear you are still unable to receive calls while Roaming, have you checked your Online account to make sure Roaming is active on your account, are you able to make outgoing calls and send and receive Texts?

Are you with Virgin Mobile or O2?

Regards

Paul.

Morning Paul 

this has been an ongoing problem since March and I still can’t receive calls abroad. I’ve changed settings on the phone several times and had call with your second line support with ticket number Ticket ref P011234847. 

no one has ever come back with a fix and I’ve generally given up and waiting for my contract to expire l. It seems the problem happed during porting my accord to Virgin as it worked fine with Three

if you have a fix I’m all ears as I’ve paid all year with no service abroad which I am every week 

regards 

Nick 

Hi Paul

Many thanks for responding. I went through all of this in August and someone was supposed to come back to us and they never did.

Roaming is active, all settings have been checked. There are 3 sims on this account, 2 of them are unable to receive calls while roaming, the third sim works fine.

Sims were swapped between the handsets and the problem was not resolved, so it's not the handset that is at fault.

We are all with Virgin Mobile.

I would appreciate if this could be resolved as it is very poor service from yourselves, I've been waiting since 26th August for a reply.

Many thanks

Joanne

Hi Joanne

Have you received a new Sim card since this issue has been going on?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Joanne,

When was the last time you received a replacement Sim card?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul

I thought you guys would have this info.

I received a sim card when I joined Virgin mobile back at the start of June.

Many thanks

Joanne