cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem receiving calls abroad

colshaws
Joining in

I have just arrived in Ireland, I can make outgoing calls but when my phone rings and I answer I am not connected to the caller in the uk although the call timer shows I am connected. I have data roaming  turned on and I have used thisphone in Ireland before with no problems.

136 REPLIES 136

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I see you have iPhones. This is worth a try

Settings > Mobile Data > SIM applications > Roaming > Select Mode > Manual > International 

Reboot phone

Set it back to Automatic on return

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Still no good , sorry but if you dont work for Virgin mobile I am not prepared to give you my account details through PM.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@colshaws wrote:

Still no good , sorry but if you dont work for Virgin mobile I am not prepared to give you my account details through PM.

This is a community forum. Someone others outside of Virgin can help. The fix I mentioned has worked for a for others

I have not asked for your details, nor do I want them.

I shall leave you in the capable hands of the team. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Very Insightful person I owe you an apology, I was replying  to a private message and got my wires crossed, tanks for the suggestion but unfortunately it has not solved my problem. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's OK. The longer threads get the more confusing they become.

If in doubt you can check the status of team members here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk

Thanks for the link,and was again I do apologise.

I’ve seen others on the forum with the same issue as me. When In the republic of Ireland I can roam from the U.K. data, texts and make calls with out issue. The problem is receiving calls. The receiving no. Rings, connects but then disconnects with out being able  to have any conversation.

i have been in touch with virgin mobile customer support and done some tests. I even had the problem when I tried a different phone type. Last weekend they sent out a new sim but arrived back in Ireland today and the problem continues.

I’ve recently changed network on a Ported number that worked without issue

Has anyone seen a fix for this problem ? 

Thanks in advance 

Hi Fatnick10,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've had with receiving calls while in the Republic of Ireland. 

Can you confirm if this is from both landlines and mobiles?

Can you confirm if this is happening in multiple areas?

^Martin

Morning Martin 

I can confirm that the problem affects both mobiles and landlines from the U.K. 

And I can confirm it happens in multiple locations across The Dublin area. 

I'm roaming on the 3ireland network this morning after testing this out. 

I also got someone to ring me from and Irish mobile that rang but when I answer I could not communicate with them. It also looks like the call is connecting at their end but get silence and the call at my end disconnects

is this a known issue and is their a fix ? 

Thank you for that information. We are not aware of any issue of this nature. To investigate further, I will private message you. 

^Martin