Menu
raydkoi
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

poor reception

My office is a metal portacabin and for  some reason signal is none existant in the office - its a company phone and i am missing 30 calls a day and loosing thousands of pounds worth of work  my idea is along the lines of fit a blue tooth radio in the office and connect phone to it via the blue tooth  -- any suggestions to if this would work -- or any better suggestions - if i sit with door open its a lot better but not perfect - failing that its a sell the portacabin and buy a log cabin

Suggestions please

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: poor reception

You have the right idea, see this post

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/WiFi-Calling-on-iPhones/td-p/3670228

Particularly # 13

Dunno if you have a window, or it's just near the door where you have a weak signal. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@raydkoi wrote:

My office is a metal portacabin and for  some reason signal is none existant in the office - its a company phone and i am missing 30 calls a day and loosing thousands of pounds worth of work  my idea is along the lines of fit a blue tooth radio in the office and connect phone to it via the blue tooth  -- any suggestions to if this would work -- or any better suggestions - if i sit with door open its a lot better but not perfect - failing that its a sell the portacabin and buy a log cabin

Suggestions please

Is this the same on all networks for your office? Do you have a WiFi network in your office?

0 Kudos
raydkoi
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

poor on my old EE and just as bad with VIRGIN  - it is complete office if i walk out office 2 steps reception is brilliant so assuming inside i am being shielded by the metal in the skin of the portacabin i have a bt cloud wifi in office

0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As I suspected, as annoying as working in a network-coverage blackspot is... you've got WiFi in that blackspot and therefore a solution to your coverage problems ;-)

0 Kudos