cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parked order

pinniewoo
Tuning in

So like many others it would seem I ordered a phone last night, was given a delivery date of tomorrow and entered all my bank details etc. I received the email with the link that goes no where....doesn't even work..."we need more information" . Surprise my order is parked!!!

I have a virgin media broadband package account and have done for some time, this is the main reason I decided to sign up for mobile with them, so realistically what needs verifying??

I have called this morning and after much going round and round in circles was told by lady that my order is with the back office team?? Within 24 to 48 hours they will call me to agree my credit agreement. I replied that no where whilst I was clicking through the agreement did I see this information and that basically my delivery date was a lie....

I said if I am not called by this evening I will be calling again to cancel the whole thing. She assured me that she will put updates on my account to let the back office team know this?? Then she tried to talk me into putting another one or 2 sim only deals onto my account....really?? I mean really?? 

Anybody else been called back?? I'm starting to think I should just call and cancel. Does anyone know a number I can ring, as I seem to get stuck in an automated loop as I don't have an account as yet.

Any help please? Thanks

158 REPLIES 158

I’ve been waiting 48 hours for a call about my parked order for a phone heard nothing gonna cancel the phone was meant to come today not happy 

Hi Emilylees,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

This happens when an order is parked online, and it needs to go through extra checks. Unlike when you do this over the phone, an agent is able to provide the information there and then. 

If the team needs more information from you, they would usually contact you within 24- 72 hours.If not the order would be released.

The other reason could be because a credit check has failed. If you can please wait the full 72 hours and keep us posted if you don't hear anything.

Alex_Rm

nalfylatino
Tuning in

I suggest everybody here tries getting a phone contract with somebody else. I needed a decent phone with the whole package and tried Virgin Mobile, again only to be greeted by the 'Parked Order' rubbish. I received a phone call from some lady with an accent I could hardly understand, trying to tell me that because of my credit rating I couldn't get the phone I wanted. I needed to get their SIM only package and build up my credit. The woman tried to sell me this sim only thing until I just hung up as I couldn't be bothered. 

I managed to get two lines/contracts with nice phones and good deals with a competitor, passed their initial credit checks and had the phones the next day. So far I am very happy and am very glad I decided to ignore Virgin Mobile as their parked order kerfuffle is just plain annoying! Not worth the hassle!

estherkalaxo
Tuning in

WOW! I've looked through this entire thread and I am absouletely disgusted at how this situation has been handled by Virgin Media! I ordered my phone yesterday morning, and just like all the people here my order has been "parked" the fact there is no further lead up afterwards is honestly disgusting, I literally am questioning if anyone has recieved there order or is this just a scam! I would please like to know what is happening with my order and how I can cancel this order as I am never trusting Virgin Media again having read reviews on TrustPilot as well as this thread. I needed this phone ASAP - please how do I cancel this order!!!!

hi! I'm just wondering if you had to cancel the order!

Andysmith2021
Tuning in

So I called in the morning to place an order for the iPhone ultimate bundle for her to say that back office need to take a look at the order before we can continue. 

A couple of hours later I get a call back and she stated that the issue is resolved and I can take 5 contracts if I wish. 

I decided to continue with the original deal I chose to then be told the back office need to confirm it again! 

the order status is parked currently. What an absolute waste of my time. 

Hi Andysmith2021,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've been having with your order.

I can certainly take a look into this for you. 

What I will do is private message you to get some details. 

^Martin

Andysmith2021
Tuning in

Called this morning. 

Safe to say it’s unlikely I’ll be getting my new phone. Have already started looking at other networks.

Martin^^^^ Said that they had sent me a contract but this isn’t the case. Following my phone call this morning the advisor said they have been trying to call when they actually haven’t. 

AVOID AVOID AVOID !!!

Hi @Andysmith2021

Have you received any updates at all?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee, 

I think the order is still parked. 

I placed another order and awaiting its arrival this morning. 

Thanks,

Andy