cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parked order

pinniewoo
Tuning in

So like many others it would seem I ordered a phone last night, was given a delivery date of tomorrow and entered all my bank details etc. I received the email with the link that goes no where....doesn't even work..."we need more information" . Surprise my order is parked!!!

I have a virgin media broadband package account and have done for some time, this is the main reason I decided to sign up for mobile with them, so realistically what needs verifying??

I have called this morning and after much going round and round in circles was told by lady that my order is with the back office team?? Within 24 to 48 hours they will call me to agree my credit agreement. I replied that no where whilst I was clicking through the agreement did I see this information and that basically my delivery date was a lie....

I said if I am not called by this evening I will be calling again to cancel the whole thing. She assured me that she will put updates on my account to let the back office team know this?? Then she tried to talk me into putting another one or 2 sim only deals onto my account....really?? I mean really?? 

Anybody else been called back?? I'm starting to think I should just call and cancel. Does anyone know a number I can ring, as I seem to get stuck in an automated loop as I don't have an account as yet.

Any help please? Thanks

158 REPLIES 158

Hello Si-7

Thank you for raising your query via the forum and welcome to the community. 

Having checked I can see you have spoken to the team since posting, we trust they have fully advised on the reason for the order being parked and your options going forward.

Thanks

Rob

Thanks for getting back to us Dbbd, I'm happy to look into this further for you but will need some more information. I'm going to send you a private message.

If you could respond as quickly as possible.

Thanks

Rob

alec2020
Joining in

signed up to a new contract with number transfer on friday morning. just been getting the parked page since then.

is there a delay on new sign ups?

thanks

Hi, I ordered a phone + sim this morning but my order has been parked. I've text the service and been in contact on Twitter and nobody has gotten back to me about my order. Wondering if someone else can help, thank you! 

Tinyrumpirate
Joining in

My sim only contract ended, I was told I could upgrade to a handset, placed an order on 31st March 2020 only to receive the standard 'parked' email, and have heard nothing since. I can't even log into my account to cancel the current sim contract from continuing. Please help!

JoshuaAlan
Joining in

I placed an order yesterday for the Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max with Apple AirPods Pro as a bundle on a pay monthly contract as it was a very competitive and appealing offer compared to the rest on the market, upon putting in all the relevant details that it asked including bank details for direct debit etc and continuing through to what i thought would be the final stages of the process, nothing else loaded and i was given no order reference number or anything at all.

I looked into my email account which i had given as part of the details needed to purchase the bundle and found that i had a 'Welcome to your account' email along with a 'marketing preferences email' but still no email to confirm the details of the contract that i had just tried to purchase, did this mean that it had been successful or not? Upon logging into my Virgin Mobile account via the 'welcome to your account' email direction and looking under the 'my orders' section, i could see that it was saying that it had been 'Parked'.

Not really understanding why this had happened i rang the number 03456000789, that the website referred to underneath that section to try and find out what was going on and what the issue was! After being on the phone for about 10-15 minutes i got through to an advisor, who quite frankly was useless -she didn't really help at all, she couldn't tell me what was going on with the issue and couldn't tell me why there seemed to be an issue in the first place. She just kept repeating the fact that it has been 'parked' (of which i already knew due to checking the status of it in 'my orders') and told me that within 11-24 hours i should hear back from someone regarding my contract and the fact it had been 'parked'

Both of these time periods have now passed and what a surprise, i have not heard from anyone! No call, no email, nothing! Today i have tried to live chat with someone to once again try and get the problem rectified and to no surprise i couldn't get hold of anyone on their either. The chat window disappeared all together and is now not letting me even try to click on the chat window option on the main page. I want to know what is going on with my order and find out the reasons as to why this has happened, as i am truly disgusted with how this is being handled or in this case 'not' being handled. The fact that potential customers are left in the dark as to why these things are happening with no explanation is well and truly not good enough. To have to try and go out of my way to even find out that fact that the contract is 'parked' is utterly infuriating and quite frankly doesn't bode well for the level of service that you receive from Virgin Mobile altogether and has actually made me think again about wanting to become a customer of theirs.

Their should be no reason as to why this process is taking so long as i already have a mobile phone contract which is just about ending now and have had a phone contract for many many many years, and my credit score is very very good so i do not see any potential reason for this delay.

My expected delivery date is due to be tomorrow: Tuesday 14th April and i'm not optimistic that this is even true and correct information based upon Virgin's latest track record with communication or lack of it!

Absolutely shoddy behaviour!!!!

Same issue for me

This is my experience today.

https://imgur.com/fVYJUHK

Your order ref:***************
Order placed
Online 13/04/2020 17:45:00
Status
Parked
Sorry, we have some problems processing your order, our customer service team will be in touch to discuss about this order.
If you'd like to speak to us about this, please call in on 0345 6000 789*.
*Please note standard charges apply, please check with your network operator for rates..

Your order ref:*******
Order placed
Online13/04/2020 16:20:00
Status
Cancelled
Sorry, your order has been cancelled.
If you would like to re-order again, please <instruction to order / link to eSales>
If you have further queries related to this cancelled order, please contact our customer serivce.

Your order ref:*******
Order placed
Online 13/04/2020 14:20:00
Status
Cancelled
Sorry, your order has been cancelled.
If you would like to re-order again, please <instruction to order / link to eSales>
If you have further queries related to this cancelled order, please contact our customer serivce.

Was told to wait 5 business days by the useless advisor on the phone, but I know with in an hour the 3rd order will get cancelled.

nikki92
Settling in

yesterday i ordered a new phone this was put into park then today it said it was being sorted at virgin HQ ready to go to yodel then it went back to parked. i dont have a phone right now so tried the live chat but just kept getting passed around or left waiting for 30 minutes or more  

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi nikki92

Thank you for getting in touch.

If an order has been parked it would be due to the team running some extra checks on the details provided.

have you received an email requiring an e-signature or any emails from Yodel at all?

Nat

I understand the team running extra checks but still, ordered on 31st March and still not heard a thing?! Cannot get through via telephone, live chat goes round in circles with a robot. 

My contract renewed yesterday (15th April) when unless I could receive a new handset I didn't want it too, but because of my inability to access my account, I can't cancel it. Unhappy, paying for a service I can't use asd I have no handset to put the sim in to!!