cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parked order

pinniewoo
Tuning in

So like many others it would seem I ordered a phone last night, was given a delivery date of tomorrow and entered all my bank details etc. I received the email with the link that goes no where....doesn't even work..."we need more information" . Surprise my order is parked!!!

I have a virgin media broadband package account and have done for some time, this is the main reason I decided to sign up for mobile with them, so realistically what needs verifying??

I have called this morning and after much going round and round in circles was told by lady that my order is with the back office team?? Within 24 to 48 hours they will call me to agree my credit agreement. I replied that no where whilst I was clicking through the agreement did I see this information and that basically my delivery date was a lie....

I said if I am not called by this evening I will be calling again to cancel the whole thing. She assured me that she will put updates on my account to let the back office team know this?? Then she tried to talk me into putting another one or 2 sim only deals onto my account....really?? I mean really?? 

Anybody else been called back?? I'm starting to think I should just call and cancel. Does anyone know a number I can ring, as I seem to get stuck in an automated loop as I don't have an account as yet.

Any help please? Thanks

158 REPLIES 158

Hi virgin mobile. After placing order online said more check's were being done you will hear in a day or so that was a week ago. Thanks

Thanks for letting me know gazzafleming, can you confirm what the order was for? Is this an order as a new customer or are you trying to add a number to an existing account?

Rob

Hi Rob 

It was for a mobile device. I placed the order online and no I have received no correspondence since Monday night apart from the phone call on Tuesday saying they were doing checks. I am an existing customer. Thanks

New mobile, iPhone Xr 

ID:[REMOVED]

Thanks

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Thanks for getting back to me Luce2912, I'm going to send you a private message to get some more details from you. If you could respond as soon as possible I'm happy to look into this further for you.

Rob

I'm going to send you a private message gazzafleming to get some more details from you, if you could respond as soon as possible I'm happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks

Rob

MattHamer
Joining in

Ordered new phone on Tuesday, to get email saying more details required and the order parked. Now been 48hrs and no call back. Rang customer care to be passed around for 50 mins, from one advisor saying no credit check has been done to another saying it has been dispatched. No one seems to know what is going on and nobody can communicate with the back office team. Im an existing customer with Home phone, broadband, tv and a sim. I previously worked in the mobile industry and have never known anything like the customer journey, I can happily upgrade with my current provider but thought I would move across. Maybe an Email, detailing this shambles will be sent to Jeff Dodds, Such poor service.

Hello MattHamer, 

Welcome to our Community Forum and I apologise that we haven't updated you with regards to your parked order.

I've managed to find your details and can see that it's parked as we're waiting for more information. It could be a typo with the financial details we have or address details check as examples and only the Support Team knows what information needs clarifying.

I can see that you called us today about the parked order and that the agent has submitted a form to our Support Team to call you back. It can take up to 48hrs for them to get back to you and please let us know if they haven't in that time so we can chase them.

Regards,

Lisa

Hi Lisa.

Thanks for the response.

Its been more that 48 hours since the order was placed so have the back office staff not been in contact within that timeframe they set, as per the email recieved.

After calling yesterday to get some info, I now need to wait upto another 48 hours to get this rectified? 

I appreciate that you've waited without an update and complete understand  that it's frustrating that you've had to contact us for an update. There are no notes on the account that I have access to and can only apologise for the lack of information. 

Please update us on this and I've noted your account to say that you're still waiting for an update.

Thanks,

Lisa