cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parked order

pinniewoo
Tuning in

So like many others it would seem I ordered a phone last night, was given a delivery date of tomorrow and entered all my bank details etc. I received the email with the link that goes no where....doesn't even work..."we need more information" . Surprise my order is parked!!!

I have a virgin media broadband package account and have done for some time, this is the main reason I decided to sign up for mobile with them, so realistically what needs verifying??

I have called this morning and after much going round and round in circles was told by lady that my order is with the back office team?? Within 24 to 48 hours they will call me to agree my credit agreement. I replied that no where whilst I was clicking through the agreement did I see this information and that basically my delivery date was a lie....

I said if I am not called by this evening I will be calling again to cancel the whole thing. She assured me that she will put updates on my account to let the back office team know this?? Then she tried to talk me into putting another one or 2 sim only deals onto my account....really?? I mean really?? 

Anybody else been called back?? I'm starting to think I should just call and cancel. Does anyone know a number I can ring, as I seem to get stuck in an automated loop as I don't have an account as yet.

Any help please? Thanks

158 REPLIES 158

Gjjones12687
Joining in

I've just had this today, well kind of. 

Placed my order yesterday, all went fine, signed the credit agreement(so passed the credit check) order dispatched last night, and out for delivery today. Partner stayed at home all day to wit for it, only to find at midday that Yodel had returned the package to sender.

She spent the next few hours trying to get Yodel to give her a reason for this, since they are known for 'losing' packages. To no avail.

Once I got messages I contacted virgin, who first asked for my call password that had never been set, so took a good hour before I even got to ask the question "why has my order been returned to sender". Only for the customer service agent to tell me IT wanted to look at my profile...

Order hasn't been updated, its still being delivered today apparently. But they have put a ticket in with It to remove the park. Awful service

Hi Gjjones12687,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about what has happened. 

This does require us to look into this. I will private message you to get some more details.

^Martin

I also placed an order on Tuesday for the Huawei P30 Pro with Switch and my order has been parked since then with no phone call or email to confirm my order or even to update me on the order’s progress...despite the order email saying to wait up to 24 hours for a call, been over 50 now...

Was on the phone with customer services to find out if my delivery date of Monday is still accurate or what the latest news on my order was but the representative was extremely rude and unhelpful, constantly interrupting me and raising her voice. Been with virgin broadband for around 2 years so thought their mobile services would be good and I can’t believe how awful this experience has been, no idea if my order has been accepted or if I can expect my new phone on Monday or not...

Maggief84
Joining in

Same ordered phone and parked no call nothing really bad customer service 

Hi Jbrown25,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a very warm welcome to you, Can I ask if you have heard anything yet.

I would be more than happy to look into this for you, I would like to invite you into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

Jmcafee
Joining in

Ordered my phone on Thursday and haven't had any call since. Could have gotten it on Friday with O2, overpriced but at least I actually get what I ordered. Going to give them till this evening otherwise it's O2 again for another 2 years.

I'm still waiting since Friday for a confirmation to see if I got accepted for my contract or not, it stated within 24 hours which I'm still waiting nearly 3 days later, being a virgin media customer I thought they were very reliable but turns out not very 

I never got anything, don't even bother.

Hi Kerry2815,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry that you've placed an order with us, and haven't had it confirmed whether the order has been accepted yet. I can appreciate you'd like to know what is going on. 

I would need to take a look at your account, to see what has happened so I'll pop you a private message now.

Thank you,

Melissa 

Cozzymc
Joining in

I just had a call after getting the parked order message thing. Apparently ive passed the credit check, but not got a high enough score for the phone I wanted.. would I prefer a sim only deal instead? Same price, same data, mins & texts.. I dont get it!! Quite  [REMOVED] off if I'm honest! How can I qualify for sim only but not for a phone? Also, I'm a virgin media customer, so I dont get how I can have a high enough credit score to get TV, home phone and broadband, but not a mobile phone contract! I think I'll stick with ee.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]