cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parked order

pinniewoo
Tuning in

So like many others it would seem I ordered a phone last night, was given a delivery date of tomorrow and entered all my bank details etc. I received the email with the link that goes no where....doesn't even work..."we need more information" . Surprise my order is parked!!!

I have a virgin media broadband package account and have done for some time, this is the main reason I decided to sign up for mobile with them, so realistically what needs verifying??

I have called this morning and after much going round and round in circles was told by lady that my order is with the back office team?? Within 24 to 48 hours they will call me to agree my credit agreement. I replied that no where whilst I was clicking through the agreement did I see this information and that basically my delivery date was a lie....

I said if I am not called by this evening I will be calling again to cancel the whole thing. She assured me that she will put updates on my account to let the back office team know this?? Then she tried to talk me into putting another one or 2 sim only deals onto my account....really?? I mean really?? 

Anybody else been called back?? I'm starting to think I should just call and cancel. Does anyone know a number I can ring, as I seem to get stuck in an automated loop as I don't have an account as yet.

Any help please? Thanks

158 REPLIES 158

Hi David,

Sorry you are right it was yodel, both terrible I'm my opinion but that's a different thing altogether. 

Would be great if you could look into this before I start looking into cancelling the order

Thanks for getting back to us Battywoman. 

I can definitely take a look in to this to see what I can do for you.

I'll pop you a private message now.

Speak to you there.

Thanks

Melissa 

NickL1
Joining in

I’ve got the same issue with my order. I ordered my phone last week and I have still had no email or phone call within 48 hours of seeing the parked order display in my account. 

Id love to get a reason as to why it’s taking so long.

Someone called me back, took all my card details, tried to sell me more products, was told all had gone through. Then was told nope we can try again in 30 days. I cancelled my order and went else where. Order went through straight away and had my new phone 24 hours later. I have never known a service like this to be honest with this amount of orders ‘parked’ My gut feeling is they don’t have the product to send out and want you to hang on in the hope everything goes through.

Hi Battywoman,

Thanks for letting me know what may happen to me. I think I’ll give the customer service team a call tomorrow and if I make no progress then I’ll go for a different provider. And I’m surprised such a big company like virgin has a customer service this poor, but like I said I’ll try calling them and hope for a positive response.

Good luck. I just wished I knew about the terrible customer service before. Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers, just out of curiosity which provider did you go for?

Went with sky. 

Astralscout
Tuning in

Just ordered phone and sim and it is parked straight away. Can someone look into this as it is a gift and I'm expecting it on Saturday.

Hi Astralscout, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

Really sorry to hear that your order has been parked, I can appreciate you're keen to know why. 

Usually an order is parked if there isn't enough information to complete the order or it could be based on the credit check. 

We would contact you within 48 hours but I'll pop you a personal message and see what's going on. 

Emma_C - Forum Team