cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new sim, cannot now make calls or message to get new sim activated

Judim
Joining in

I rang virgin on 9th March to let them know i had not received my new sim as I am in Spain indefinetely. The lady that i spoke to assured me that she would cancel the sim and as my sim was not very old, not to worry, that i could call virgin when i was back in uk and order one then. They have now sent another new sim, which i have not yet received. I now cannot make any calls or texts as they appear to have cut me off. I need my service restored asap

1 REPLY 1

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Judim, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you're unable to make any texts or calls in Spain currently. 

We've recently had to send new SIM's out as we finish our Migration over from EE to Vodafone. This was done in phases and is now coming to an end. The current SIM you have won't work I'm afraid. 

You will need to activate your new SIM in order for your service to work. Do you have any friends or relatives that we can send a replacement SIM to in the UK? We can activate it from our end and they can forward this to you in Spain once they receive it. 

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs