Menu
ShaunPaul
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

new customer broadband and sim

I recently ordered Broadband and sim bundle last week. I've given 4 weeks notice to my previous provider and set up the delivery of my equipment and sim next month. I was surprise that my sim arrived today, my broadband equipment are scheduled to be delivered next month as expected. I would like to know if I could start using the sim. The price for the bundle was £42 are they gonna start charging me the that price if I use the sim without the broadband or if they have a different billing for the sim initially? No one seems to bother answering calls or in the chat messages, seems like I'm always on the queue.

Is this how Virgin media customer service works? I'm afraid that this is a bad first impression and I may have problems contacting them in the future

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: new customer broadband and sim

That is a good question, but nothing I really help with I'm afraid 😞

Billing for both Broardband and Mobile is handled by the Broardband side with the Oomph packages, so contacting the mobile CS team will not get you any answers.

Would expect that, using the SIM now would cause a charge starting for the SIM only untill the full services are installed and switched on - but is only a guess 😞

Another one to try and find out, if the SIM has been sent out not activated, they need activating within 30 days before being rendered useless.

Can only suggest ringing Broardband CS and asking for the team who are trained and deal with the Oomph packages, no idea how easy they are to contact !!.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thinking about it a bit more, you maybe are going to have some troubles getting to talk to the right people without your services up and running - so @ModTeam

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ShaunPaul, 

Thanks for your post,

You would be able to use your mobile SIM right away, just pop the SIM into an unlocked phone and enjoy 🙂

The charges wouldn't start until your cable account has been installed. Just make sure you don't  go over your mobile allowances.

Alex_Rm