cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile not working abroad

JH18
Joining in

Hello,

My phone is not connecting to a network in Greece. I have followed all the set up sets, yes the data roaming is on, yes there is no spending limits and yes the APN is not working. I have followed all the FAQ steps

This happened last year too but for a few days it was not an issue. I am in Greece for 4 weeks and need to sort this out

Any suggestions beyond the FAQ?

Thanks!

20 REPLIES 20

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Checking that the roaming settings in the SIM Toolkit are set to International. Sometimes the automatic setting does not work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @JH18,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with your mobile phone.

Can you please tell us if you have tried the advice given by @enlli? Let us know how it goes.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks for your reply. I've double checked any the SIM data roaming is set up and appears to be working fine.

Thanks for trying

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for the update @JH18.

I am glad it is working for you now, if anything changes please do let us know.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley,

All the sim setting seem fine. I'm trying to manually scan and select the network as suggested.

I have these options

Vodaphone GR

GR cosmote

WIND GR

I have tried to connect manually to these net works and I get this message 'your SIM doesn't allow a connection to this network'

Hi Hayley

No the sim is fine, it's still not connecting

Any other suggestions, I note this is the 3rd time this has happened to me while abroad using this phone number but with different handsets. Please can the SIM account be checked to ensure it's enabled at your end. I am aware I've been on this plan for 12 years so perhaps an account update it needed

thanks

@Hayley_S

Any other suggestions? It's still not working for data nor phone calls

Thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @JH18,

Please can you tell me if the SIM works fully in a different handset? What make and model phone do you have?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

The SIM has in the past worked in a different handset in France but then failed in Montenegro. The SIM has never worked abroad in my current Samsung S6 mini.

Please let me know if you need any more information.