Menu
Highlighted
Nlk196
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

lost sim card

hi i lost my sim card 2 days ago and i have reported it lost on my account online and got the email saying it had been reported but no mention of getting a replacement sim sent out to me so unsure how to go about getting a replacement 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: lost sim card

Hi Nlk196,

When it comes to lost or stolen phones or SIM cards we usually recommend getting in touch with our customer service team. They will be able to either temporarily stop service to the equipment if it is only lost and you hope to find it or arrange to have an active SIM sent out to you. If you have a handset with us they can also either temporarily or permanently blacklist the device as the situation requires. You can reach the customer service team on 789 / 0345 600 0789.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Nlk196
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have contacted them still got nowhere been waiting for a email for 2 days about the SIM card delivery but still no further forward
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What method did you use to contact them? If you've advised them your SIM card is lost and you need a replacement one they would be able to order one for you whilst on the call.

Did they advise any reason why one hadn't been ordered for you?

Regards,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Based on the OP post I believe they used the online form here - https://keepup.virginmedia.com/lostandstolenphones

But that should also have covered getting a replacement SIM out as well.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi BenMcr,

You're indeed correct that a SIM should be requested as part of the form.

We now only use one delivery method for SIM cards and it can take up to 5 working days for delivery.

If the email for confirmation that the SIM is blocked has been received then as part of the process a SIM card should have been ordered for you.

When you contacted customer service did they not confirm that a SIM card has been arranged for you Nlk196?

If not then I can check the account and see if one has been arranged.

0 Kudos
Nlk196
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No they did not they said I would get a email to give instructions for a delivery

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Nlk196,

I'm going to send you a PM to confirm some details with you.

Thanks

Tom_S