cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost my sim card and am abroad

asfour
On our wavelength

I'm abroad for 4 months and have lost my sim card. I need a replacement with the same phone number so I can access my UK accounts. How can I get this

17 REPLIES 17

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @asfour,

Welcome back to our community forums. 

Sorry to hear you have lost your sim card while abroad. We can understand the frustration caused and want to best help. 

Our team here is able to order a replacement sim for you however we will not be able to send the sim card abroad. The sim will be sent to the registered UK address on your Virgin Mobile account. Also, the replacement sim must be used in the UK before sending it abroad or it will not be activated.

Are you happy to proceed this way?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

asfour
On our wavelength

thanks! I did one last search and it didn't turn up. As long as it's the same mobile number, yes, would you order me a new one and send it to the address you have on file. There is someone there who can mail it to me.

Hi asfour, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

We can get this arranged for you however I will need to go through some things with you first. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi asfour, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message with your information. 

I have gone ahead and ordered your replacement SIM for you. This should be received at your address shortly and should already be activated so can be forwarded directly to you. 

In terms of the second part of your issue that you messaged about, your email address - We'll need to check a few things with you. 

So are you able to access the mails when logging in through My VM directly? 

If so, then it's likely an issue with the set up through Outlook. Make sure your server settings match these: Server settings and this should then restart the emails through Outlook. 

Let us know here how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

asfour
On our wavelength
Kath - I got my sim card today, and it worked straight away. Thanks very much for your help. I wish all of Virgin worked as well as this but it doesn't even comes close. thanks again

Hi asfour, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to me here to confirm you've received the SIM card and things are working now. I'm really pleased to hear that. 

Did you manage to resolve the email issue that you mentioned previously too? If not and you still need some support then you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

asfour
On our wavelength
Hi Kath - no, the email problem is not fixed and is seriously harming my ability to do my work. The error codes are '453 4.1.1 Too Many Recipients (VM501)' and '453 4.1.1 Too Many Recipients (VM502)'. I'm sending emails from Outlook; and sending them from the US. It appears Virgin has quotas but they're very very limited. eg today I sent emails to 17 people (counting each name in each email) at which point I got the error message. I have two lists of about 10 people each that I occasionally have to write but this is happening when there are only 2 or 3 names on the email. Nothing is wrong with Outlook - all the server settings are correct. tbh virgin has been a nightmare in the last year and were it not for the fact that there is a tenant in my UK flat and he needs the virgin broadband I would leave Virgin immediately no matter what the cost. Since I can't do that, I need to find a solution to this problem. Otherwise I'll have to switch to gmail although that's really bad for my work also.

Thank you for clarifying that for us asfour.

Have you been able to try other web mails to see if this works on them?

^Martin

asfour
On our wavelength
everything works on gmail. I've never had this problem in the UK - it's obviously caused by me being in the US. Which is annoying since one's life doesn't stop outside the UK