cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keeping same number for sim

iphone12
Tuning in

I updated my bundle about two weeks ago they sent me a new sim but it it's from o2 and virgin said I would keep the same number but it's different! I looked into the pac codes but it says if i switch numbers i might lose my oomph package benefits ,what should I do?

13 REPLIES 13

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @iphone12, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns.

You have mentioned your Oomph bundle - this is something we no longer offer unfortunately if you're going onto a new contract, and generally our SIM plans have now moved onto Volt which means an O2 SIM instead (which what sounds like you have).

Our Volt packages though do offer great benefits such as a broadband speed boost so what Oomph benefits are you worried about losing please?

Many thanks

Tom_W

im just worried that i will get charged more if i change number i have recently upgraded to the 200mb speed from 100

will i get charged more?

Hi @iphone12

Thanks for the reply!

This would entirely depend upon what package you have taken - if anything was upgraded etc. Changing your number with a PAC code wouldn't increase your package price as a result of the switch by any means.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It seems to think im leaving virgin when i press the switching button and ask for a pac code i get a big long mesage saying i will still have to repay the loan for my phone and i might lose the oomph perks and stuff

Hi @iphone12

Thanks for your reply

If you've received an O2 SIM with your media package this means that you're receiving VOLT benefits instead so it's not to worry about the Oomph perks, as for repaying the loan on the phone - you would still need to pay this if it is owed as you still have the handset with ourselves, you're just taking your number to O2.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

thanks for the reply,but I'm having trouble trying to switch can you tell me what I am supposed to do? do I request a pac code on my old sim first? my new sim has a different number than my old sim and I want to keep my old number and for some reason my old sim is still working,can you give me step by step instructions what to do im confused and my new sim number isnt even listed on the virgin website so do i need to make an o2 account and send the pac code to them?

ive just sent pac code on o2 website but will it even work if my old sim is still working in another phone?

Hi @iphone12

Thank you for the reply

You would get the PAC code for your Virgin number and then give O2 the PAC code so they can process a switch for this, everything surrounding PAC codes can be seen here

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team