cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just come back from holiday, can't text or makes acall. no Network!

JanboC1
Tuning in

I cant make a phone call or text wifi is fine. tried everything i can . help please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi JanboC1, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Apologies that the airplane mode trick didn't work. 

In terms of the SIM toolkit option that enlli mentioned above, this usually resolves most issues such as the one you are having. You wouldn't find this in the Connections part. It will be an actual app. If you search for it on your device, the app should come up. 

If you are 100% certain that you don't have the app then let us know as the next step would be sending a new SIM card out to you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JanboC1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

This can sometimes happen if the phone hasn't quite registered that you are back in the UK. To make sure it connects to a local mast please turn Airplane mode on the phone. Leave for around 30 seconds and then turn it back on. This should force the connection 🙂

If that doesn't work, pop back here and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No, sorry, tried that and it hasn't worked!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try this

Android

• Select Apps from the Home screen or swipe to access
  • Select the Virgin SIM toolkit option. Depending on the SIM slot the SIM is in this may be ‘Virgin’ or ‘Virgin2’
  • Select Roaming
  • Select Select Mode
  • Select Manual
  • Select National

iPhone or iPad with a Physical SIM

• Select Settings from the Home Screen
  • Select Mobile Data
  • Select SIM Applications
  • Select Roaming
  • Select Select Mode
  • Select Manual
  • Select National 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I can't find a Virgin sim toolkit option. My phone is a Galaxy A51. In Connections I have mobile networks, not mobile data.no Sim applications. If I select data roaming, it doesn't give me select mode, Manual or National??? Sorry if I sound a bit thick, but I am 67 and haven't a clue!!!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Right. Obviously SIM Toolkit is not available on your phone.

The only other thing I know has worked is to do a manual network search. Select another network (say O2) wait for it to fail and then select Virgin

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks, very good idea, but I must have a problem with my Sim card, it says not compatible with Virgin, lol, .going to visit the shop tomorrow, hopefully they can sort it for me. Thanks for your help and advice xx

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To save you a trip there are no Virgin Shops any more. 

Hopefully the team will send a replacement 

what do i do then, this is causing me so much stress!! i dont know what to do!! im seriuosly losing the will to live

help, what do i do, i am losing thewill to live here