cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 12 cant send or receive texts/imesage not working properly

iphone12
Tuning in

Hi,can someone please help me I bought my first iphone and it's been a complete nightmare! they told me to use my old sim from my old phone but text messages was being sent to my old android phone after I put the sim in to my new iphone 12,how was that even possible? I could send text to certain people but not others,out of frustration I downloaded the esim but now i cant even use imessage,it wont start,but i can still use data and browse the web and use whatsapp etc ,does esim even work on the iphone 12? my old sim stopped working once i activated the esim,should i ask to get a new sim sent out or is my iphone faulty? I only got it last Monday and it's been nothing but trouble,also it takes forever to charge once it reaches 96 percent even though I have a 20w apple charger.

Oh and on my virgin page it says 'oomph sim activated 13th AUG' is that because i downloaded the esim?

16 REPLIES 16

RR-IT-GUY
Rising star
Hi, the virgin mobile team will be here to advise on the issue, if the issue is a phone issue not VM mobile issue please contact the phone manufacturer who and as its apple visit your genius bar and they will do a quick phone swap.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's the iPhones inability to auto update your Apple ID causing the problem. 

Try signing out of your Apple ID and back in again. (You may have to restart your phone) 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

i got the phone off virgin and i already contacted apple support they told me to exchange the phone how do i do this with virgin? were do I find the genuis bar?

already tried this 3 times,i did how ever get the message that my apple id and icloud accounts dont match,but since i switched to esim its not ven connecting to imessage and my phone number isnt listed

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As far as I am aware Genius Bars are at Apple Stores.

It's almost certain it's the conflict between iCloud and your Apple ID causing problems with text as I'm sure it has popped up here 

Hopefully, another iPhone user on here will know how to correct this. But yes, the Genius Bar at an Apple store would be able to sort it. Sending the phone back won't help as the problem lies outside

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi thanks but I purchased the phone from virgin uk in a contract it isn’t from the apple store

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will have to hang on for  member of the team here 

The Genius Bar at an Apple Store will still help you and provide advice if it’s easy for you to get to one - make a booking online first.

ashpole
Superfast
When you say you downloaded the eSIM, I assume you have a QR Code and have scanned that with the iPhone’s camera?