Menu
Highlighted
LittleDave54
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

intermittent mobile connection

Intermittent mobile signal during the working day for the second day running in Reading area RG31.  if you are doing maintenance work (as yesterday the signal came back around 5pm) it would be polite to warn customers.

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: intermittent mobile connection

check the ee service status page as ee maintain the masts.

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

if you "add to my places" you can put your mobile number in and they will tell you when they are doing maintenence (like they are today)

0 Kudos
LittleDave54
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you - could be the answer - pity that the page is Not Available at the moment...

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

so it is ... first time I've seen that page unavailable

0 Kudos
LittleDave54
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Now have the Open Signal app (and Network Cell Ino Light ) and can see that during working hours my Samsung S7 hunts around the nearby towers looking for a signal. Wonder if the EE towers (now owned by BT) are having Chinese hardware removed...

0 Kudos
teabag
Community elder
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Last I heard, the towers/masts are staying with the Chinese hardware for now, but BT/EE are actively removing it all from the core of their network.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £8 sims. Customer since 1993.
LittleDave54
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

After a long conversation with VirginMobile by text I learnt that

"As I checked on our coverage there, the tower is under work since 3 december due to "- Site Access Request - (AC) Huawei L800 - Rigging - 800 MHA install RRU instal l Feeder install Existing 2100 system t o be cut over to the new diplexer solut ion Outage required when engineers are on the roof due to ICNIRP co"
Last work was done yesterday 6 december"

So hopefully back to normal on Monday...

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

the plot thickens, well well it is hauwei kit involved. maybe they are installing kit to make sure it's not bugged or something.

conspiracy theories going ape on all that this week...

Maybe the 800 MHA should be 800 MHZ (I stand to be corrected on that one, 800 MHZ is the frequency ee keep to theirselves for volte and better indoor signal) 

0 Kudos
japitts
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@paulchambers061 wrote:

the plot thickens, well well it is hauwei kit involved. maybe they are installing kit to make sure it's not bugged or something.

conspiracy theories going ape on all that this week...

Maybe the 800 MHA should be 800 MHZ (I stand to be corrected on that one, 800 MHZ is the frequency ee keep to theirselves for volte and better indoor signal) 

Nope, it'll almost certainly mean a Mast Head Amplifier. But it amounts to the same end result, 4G800 is being added to that site for improved indoor coverage.