Menu
mattjary
Tuning in
Message 11 of 290
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone unlock request

I also have the new purple sim after updating to the new sim only deal 5 gig, for £9 a month.
Now says sim not supported!!
Please help. No phone for 3 days.
broadminded
Tuning in
Message 12 of 290
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim not supported

As a long term virgin customer I recently tried to up grade from my iphone 4 to an iphone 6s, new Nano sim ordered, fitted it and all I get is "Sim card not supported" etc.
Phoning Virgin they seem to be very helpful but the problem  is still there.

Before I smash it with a hammer any tips?

mrparkinson
Joining in
Message 13 of 290
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Same issue got the new £9 SIM - tried in 2 unlocked iphones "SIM not supported" - rang VM customer services who patched me through to Apple. Apple very helpful but categorically said the fault is with VM and sent me an email as evidence to supply to VM should they try and dodge the issue again. The SIM is at fault VM  - please resolve and advise your staff accordingly.

RayB12345
Tuning in
Message 14 of 290
Flag for a moderator

My wifes phone has been down due to the new purple SIM for 4 days now and old card no longer works, I have logged a call given details as requested and have rang twice daily since the change of SIM card, same answer the way they work SLA's I am advised it could be next thursday before she is able to use her phone it may be 5 working days, but its over a week without a phone. my wife is disabled and her phone is her lifeline, I bet Virgins VIP,s and their families dont have to accept such terrible service

ModTeam wrote:

Hi,

If you've recently received a shiny new purple SIM from us and your iPhone is now showing locked, we're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please pop a post on this thread below requesting the unlock and we'll be in touch with you as soon as possible.

Cally37
Joining in
Message 15 of 290
Flag for a moderator

Please can I also request unlock. Thanks
pb72
Joining in
Message 16 of 290
Flag for a moderator

I too have this issue with my replacement sim and require a speedy resolution please!

Rashel
Joining in
Message 17 of 290
Flag for a moderator

iPhone 6S is now locked due to new purple sim please help me unlock it ASAP
Scooby2609
Joining in
Message 18 of 290
Flag for a moderator

iPhone 6 is locked

I have a new SIM card for my IPhone 6 but when I install the SIM card my iPhone 6 says it’s locked. Please could someone help unlock my phone.

thank you

Jazz2b
Joining in
Message 19 of 290
Flag for a moderator

Hi
I recently received a new sim but when i pop it in my unlock phone it locks it,
Odd considering the sim card says it is already actives...
mcheema1
Joining in
Message 20 of 290
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have this issue, in a iphone 5c and i put in my new sim and it says "SIM not supported". Also my old sim no longer works either!

So now I have no way of making or receiving calls. Please can someone contact me to resolve this asap!

Thanks