Menu
Rhia
Joining in
Message 201 of 298
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone unlock request

Hi, I’ve not used my new sim at all because I’ve been told it will lock my mobile phone. I bought my iPhone 6s unlocked but have read that doesn’t make a difference and that it will still display a message that the sim is not going to work. The reason I requested a new sim in the first place is because my phone signal is appalling and always cuts off. Please can you advise what I should do ASAP?

0 Kudos
natalielouise86
On our wavelength
Message 202 of 298
Flag for a moderator

I have two phones on my account, but I am not prepared to swap the SIM over on either unless I know the phones are already unlocked. Can you do this before I change the SIM please?

0 Kudos
SusanG1
Just joined
Message 203 of 298
Flag for a moderator

Same issue as everyone else has, I need an iPhone unlock please! Needed ASAP!!

CaptainAhab
On our wavelength
Message 204 of 298
Flag for a moderator

Ahoy there, seafarers on the Sea of SIM despair. 

The Ship's Cook signalled O2 and O2 said they would unlock my handset, free of charge, within 72 hours and would send me a text to confirm.

Well, it seems that the darkness and gloom that has attend our voyage since Jan 3rd may be dispersing at last and the Captain will be able to use his iPhone again instead of his older phone that he has been using on the Virgin Mobile network in the meantime.

The Captain has always believed in "defence in depth" and was glad that he kept his old phone "just in case". Communication can be a matter of life and death. Shipping has learned lessons from the "Titanic" disaster in which radio was used to summon help. Help would have arrived sooner had closer ships kept a 24 hour radio watch. After the "Titanic", this is now mandatory on vessels above a certain size.       

Imagine a motorist stuck in a snowdrift during the recent "Beast from the East" and wanting to summon help by phone. He, or indeed she, would not be pleased to turn on their phone to be greeted with the display "SIM not supported". I suppose the motorist could sound SOS in Morse on the car horn and flash their lights similarly.

Over and out.

Captain Ahab.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
No1ianuk
Tuning in
Message 205 of 298
Flag for a moderator

Always have a back up plan CaptainAhab, we are dealing with Virgin Media after all!

sammyturner95
Joining in
Message 206 of 298
Flag for a moderator

New Sim is Unsupported on my iPhone 

Please unlock for me because my old Sim doesn't get signal anymore.

Thanks, 

Sam 

willnia
Tuning in
Message 207 of 298
Flag for a moderator

My daughter can no longer receive my phone calls - or anyone else's - which is the main reason why she has her phone as she is at school. Virgin deactivated her old sim card (despite customer services saying it would still work) and activated her new sim card (despite knowing that it didn't work in the phone). She has an EE phone but that is not our problem. Virgin you caused this issue - the old sim worked fine - so please fix it or send her a new iPhone 8 that does work. I am a long-standing customer who spends a lot of money with you. I am so not happy with either you or your customer service.

Tjaytjay
Joining in
Message 208 of 298
Flag for a moderator

Hi - I'm in the same boat if you can contact me and help resolve it. Thanks
CaptainAhab
On our wavelength
Message 209 of 298
Flag for a moderator

The Captain is sad to hear the pleas of so many Virgin Mobile customers asking for their phones to be unlocked.

Virgin Mobile promise to unlock handsets within 3 to 5 working days, or 7 to 10 working days, depending which member of the call centre staff makes the promise.

Has anyone had their handset unlocked within that time?   

0 Kudos
dannyorrell2018
Tuning in
Message 210 of 298
Flag for a moderator

five weeks and no unlock had to borrow a phone to use when i have my own i dont think they are going to unlock my phone even tho i have had a ref code off them and thats it 

0 Kudos