cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone no names on messages

TonyGraham
Joining in

Since putting my virgin mobile sim in my iPhone will not display names on incoming calls or messages.  When I look at the contacts, the numbers are spaced in a weird way.

To fix, I can change my language and region settings to something else, then back to my English/UK setting and this sorts the problem for a short while.

if I also select ‘import sim contacts’ this seems to sort the issue, but only for a few hours.  

Spoke to virgin who suggested the import sim contacts thing, but as I said, this is a very short term solution.   It’s very very frustrating.

Can anyone offer any help?  Tried resetting the iPhone, restore, fresh install.  Problem always comes back.

Thanks

Tony

3 REPLIES 3

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Longstanding problem. Won't go into the technical details but

Try this and let us know it it works

Go to: Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

Tap manual -> then choose National.

Usually fixes it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for that.  Just gave it a try.  Switched the phone off and on again, but it’s not sorted it.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try doing the dial assist one more time and then turn it off. Then see if it returns.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks