Yes, I’ve turned Dial Assist off. I reset the regional settings yesterday, and by today the numbers have reverted to 2, 3, 2, 2, 2 format again. So I’m now making my way through my Contacts and pre-fixing all the UK numbers with +44.
Hi @rapond yes I did by setting my phone to Belgium then back to the UK and making sure dial assist is turned off. It then showed all my numbers in the correct format. Have been abroad since twice and not happened since.
Like you, my wife and I both received a text from Virgin Mobile to download a file to configure the iPhone for internet connection. We were in Cyprus at the time. On arrival back in the UK we both had dialling assist problems which were easily resolved by disabling it. However the problem with phone numbers in the wrong format has not been resolved permanently with any or all of the recommended fixes - changing region to non-UK then back to UK, power cycling, rebooting, checking contacts addresses have the correct country. only resolve the situation for a short while - sometimes a couple of times a day.
This is annoying for several reasons including the fact that incoming calls and texts do not show the senders name from Contacts.
I am of the opinion that it is the download file from Virgin that is the route of the problem. Apple have note been helpful on this issue
Is there anyone else out there that has any alternative recommendations?
Unless anyone has other ideas my only recourse is to reset the iPhone to factory defaults and reinstall which is inconvenient and time consuming.
Hi Fraser4, just wondering if and how you resolved this? I just returned from Iceland and got a message from Virgin to follow a link to set up my iOS device for internet. Upon doing which somehow my phone then displayed all UK numbers in an incorrect format (2, 3, 2, 2, 2 digits instead of 5, 6) unless they had the +44 prefix.
There is a quick fix I’ve discovered but it’s not permanent for some reason. I’ve no idea why my iPhone is changing region, it’s happening many times a day.
the quick fix. Go in to Settings, go in to General, go in to Language and Region. You’ll probably find the region is still shown as UK, however the phone is set for elsewhere, in my case, it sets to Belgium, despite still showing UK. Select any other Region (I use Uruguay for ease) and set it. The screen will go black and “setting” will be displayed. It will then be set to Uruguay. Now reselect UK and set it. The screen will go black again and “setting” will be displayed. When complete, the Region will show UK. Your phone numbers will now be back to normal UK format.
As I said, this is not a permanent fix, for me any way. I have to repeat it a few times a day. Still searching for the glitch and a permanent solution.