cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Dial Assist Problems

fraser4
Just joined

Since I updated to iOS 11.4.1 my iPhone X attempts to use dial assist for mobile numbers which start 07.  The calls then fail with unknown number.  Any number in my contacts that's stored with +44 works fine.  If I switch dial assist off then the 07 numbers work.

I did the firmware update while in Ireland so I'm wondering if the phone thinks it's in Ireland.  I've checked and the region is set to UK.

Does anyone have any ideas?

144 REPLIES 144

Total genius. Many thanks R101. Same issue on iphone11, fully updated. No other fix worked . All now good so far- fingers crossed!

Virgin, please understand this! It not just xxxxx annoying. I was not able to make emergency vet call and had to seek an alternative device in a panic. This was life threatening and just not good enough.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We are sorry for the inconvenience that this caused hdbnews. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

BlueDot
On our wavelength

A Google search for the exact problem I've had shown me this thread.

Hah, of course Virgin will deny that it's a problem with their system. It's their SOP, deny, deny, deny. It has been like that for the last 2 decades.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BlueDot,

Thanks for your post.

Are you experiencing the same iPhone dial assist problems? Have you tried @R101's suggestion earlier in this topic?

Sorry to hear you feel this way about us, I hope your dial assist issue is resolved soon.

Kind regards,

Serena

I must disagree, dial assist has been disabled and the problem still exist.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Macskapajti wrote:

I must disagree, dial assist has been disabled and the problem still exist.

But have you set Roaming to manual in the SIM Toolkit as per the fix highlighted in this thread?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Macskapajti]

Did you back your phone up before the update

If so are you able to revert it back to pre update 

Gareth_L

Hi Enlli,

i think you are bang on with your deductions, it will be the settings on the Sim Card and then how the handset polls the mask and then the network. one of the first pieces of data sent down to the handset as it handshakes is its location, what seems to be happening in these cases is the network isn't either overriding the sim or the network has a mask/network node with an incorrect config file with the Belgium country locale settings.

the hand set will then adjust to what it is being told, so its not an apple or iOS problem as its doing what it is supposed to do based on the setting provided by the carrier.

it can also be related to a network config setting held under the roaming settings, which state if it is currently roaming or not, this allows for the user to make local calls with our country codes while in country, ie if you are in France you just have to dial the french number without the need for the country code first.

if this is a network level config issue, which is what it looks like, even after the changes suggested in the forum to the local settings it does stand a very good chance of recurring. i did read one article whereby the user was changing the settings back daily as it kept recurring.

yep it is for sure a virgin media network issue that needs to be resolved