cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 12 - shows good signal but no mobile data

On our wavelength

Everytime I am away from home, guaranteed my phone is basically useless on mobile data. It shows good signal, 4G and 5G, but never gets a mobile data connection. I am able to make phone calls ok. I don't think its "no data", rather it's "extremely slow data".

I have reset network settings when on iOS14, and now on latest iOS15.1 and the problem persists. Settings>General>About shows network as Virgin 48.0.

Any ideas folks? Been happening for along time, this is my attempt to fix before I leave VM mobile/EE.

Below are examples, but no apps give mobile data no just this one.

4G.PNG5G.PNG

Mobile data settings.PNG

12 REPLIES 12

On our wavelength

Kath, 

With all due respect your answer here is why I haven’t replied. Asking me to change SIM cards, handsets etc.. which has already been done by myself and lots of other people. The issue is on Virgins end!!! And already confirmed as such.

Where is the link to sign up to the fault?

Really I am sure you are a lovely person individually, but Virgin are absolutely useless and letting us and yourselves down!!

But at least I earned a high five badge 🤦‍♂️

E0EA65E8-5A89-4243-90D3-1287E33AAE74.jpeg

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, 887, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I am sorry I know this must be frustrating, I have checked and it seems the outage in your area or the mast is fixed as it is showing no issues.

We ask for you to try different devices so we can rule out if it's a handset or network issue. 

How is your service looking? 

Zoie

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it's parts of Wolverhampton (Particularly by the station then it is not a mast issue as Vodafone is working fine.) There seems to be a problem with the Vodafone / Virgin interface and that has been acknowledged  

Don't know about the rest of the town centre.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks