cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 12 - shows good signal but no mobile data

On our wavelength

Everytime I am away from home, guaranteed my phone is basically useless on mobile data. It shows good signal, 4G and 5G, but never gets a mobile data connection. I am able to make phone calls ok. I don't think its "no data", rather it's "extremely slow data".

I have reset network settings when on iOS14, and now on latest iOS15.1 and the problem persists. Settings>General>About shows network as Virgin 48.0.

Any ideas folks? Been happening for along time, this is my attempt to fix before I leave VM mobile/EE.

Below are examples, but no apps give mobile data no just this one.

4G.PNG5G.PNG

Mobile data settings.PNG

12 REPLIES 12

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You mentioned Virgin /EE but if you have 5G you will be running on Vodafone 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi 877,thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the data connection. Can you go in to settings and ensure that the data connection is switched on? Would you also be able to put the sim in another handset to see if you are getting the same issue? - Chris 

On our wavelength

Noted that it is Vodaphone for 5G, however same issue regardless.

Yes data connection is turned on, I have tried 4G, 5G on and 5G auto and the same for all settings. Also tried in another handset and it's the same.

Another person posted the same issue as mine at the same location (Wolverhampton Train Station), I also get the issue in many other places. It's marked as solved which it is not........https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/No-internet-near-Wolverhampton-train-station/m-p/...

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @877

I'm very sorry to hear this, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Are there any known area issues listed here that could explain this? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

On our wavelength

Why can you guys not check for issues? It's another case of just sending the customer off and keeping them busy instead of fixing the issue.

And no, there was no issue shown.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We like to advise of the self help options we have available as should you run into issues and aren't able to get in touch with us, these may help resolve/explain the issue in the meantime. 

I'm happy to look into the issues you're experiencing as this hasn't help explain the problem. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of your screen. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

On our wavelength

For everyones info, moving to private messages has not really helped at all, I just got asked the same questions......Been a whole day since I last replied and nothing back. 

Now I am not personally slating any individual here, just Virgin Mobile as a whole is poor!

On our wavelength

Just been to train station, full 5G and 4G but still no connection. 

Appalling response time from VM in my opinion, I wonder what OFCOM will make of this thread issue. 

Cannot wait until my contract ends and I can go back to Three!

Hi 877, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Apologies to hear you're still having an issue with your connection. I can see that you and Sofia discussed that there was an issue with a Mast affecting you. Were you able to sign up for updates on the fault? 

I can see she sent the last message to you and didn't get a reply back so this would be why you're still waiting on a response. 

Do you have the same issue when trying your SIM card in another device? 

Do you have another SIM card you can try in your device? 

Both these will allow us to rule out the SIM card having an issue as well as the device. 

Pop back and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs