cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessages and text messages

Paigetoni_2102
Joining in

The last 3/4 weeks my iMessages haven’t been sending or I haven’t been receiving them, they come through or send after about 15 minutes when I have full bars and even wifi at home. It’s like when my phone screen is locked I loose my 4G or my wifi and can’t receive calls sometimes. People are calling me and my phone isn’t notifying me or even showing up as a missed call on my call log. I’m not sure if it’s my actual phone or the locations I am in and the wifi is awful but that doesn’t explain why it happens at home while I’m connected to wifi! It’s really really annoying and I’d love someone to tell me what to do to fix it! 

7 REPLIES 7

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Paigetoni_2102

Welcome and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your handset, we would be happy to help. 

Firstly, has your phone had the latest software update? It may also be worth checking if your phones storage is full.

Are you having issues sending the messages to one particular contact, all contacts or when sending group messages please? 

Thank you 

Nat

Hi Nat, thank you for getting back to me. 

my phone is fully updated to the most recent IOS however my iCloud storage always pops up and says it’s almost full… 

it happens with one particular person I’m messaging no one else really 

paige 

Thank you for getting back to me 🙂 

Do you have any issues when using WhatsApp or any other messaging service? 

Also, do the iMessages include pictures or videos at all? 

Thank you 

Nat

Yes it happens on WhatsApp and iMessage and no the messages are only texts and no videos or pictures 

paige 

Thank you again. 

Does the person you are trying to contact have the issues when sending you or anyone else messages? 

Could they be experiencing any connection problems? 

Thanks 

Nat 

Nat

Hi Nat,

they experience it only when texting me, I have been experiencing it texting them for about 5/6 weeks but only been happening with him for the past 2/3 weeks.

his connection is fine and is with everyone else too!

paige 

Thank you. 

Another thing to try is to check you carrier settings are up to date. You can do this by going to Settings, General and About.

If you scroll down to Carrier, it should let you know if there is any update available. 

With this issue only happening with the one contact and your phone being completely up to date, we would recommend checking in with the handset manufacture for further support. 

Thank you 

Nat