cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage won’t activate

alcur
Tuning in

I recently did a full reset on my iPhone 12 Pro Max on Saturday. My iMessage was working perfectly at the time. After my phone reset and I restored my iCloud backup, my iMessage just won’t activate. It just keeps saying “An error occurred during activation. Try again” and iMessage switches off. 
I’ve tried turning it off, restarting my phone, turning it on again. I’ve tried resetting network settings. Nothing. 
I spoke to apple support who said everything looks ok on their end and to contact my carrier. Virgin says everything is ok and I have SMS enabled on my plan etc. I’m at my wits end and it’s starting to really annoy me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Join the ever expanding club.

Just search this site and you will see it is a huge problem with Virgin at the moment 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Join the ever expanding club.

Just search this site and you will see it is a huge problem with Virgin at the moment 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Oh so it’s a problem for a lot of people?

I thought resetting my iPhone had messed something up..

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Imessage-not-verifying/td-p/4640325

Just one, there are others

Hello alcur

Sorry to hear of the problems experienced with your iPhone and the iMessage feature. We understand the concern and confusion this has caused.

We're aware and working with Apple to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience during this time.

Rob

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem: ported my number to VM, now iMessage won't activate. I've been through all of the trouble shooting tips multiple times, spoken to VM, spoken to Apple, spoken to VM again. Nothing.

What's frustrating is that VM have acknowledged the issue in these forums, yet their tech support staff claim to know nothing about it. Why not just update their script?

If anyone has any idea how to get this solved please help

Hi @bengwright,

Welcome to the community and thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having issues with your iMessage service since porting to Virgin.

Are you having issues with any other services or is it just iMessage?

Please can you try this Settings> Messages> Turn off iMessage, Turn back on again and wait for reactivation which will take a few moments. Hopefully this will stop the issues that you've been having.

Please let me know if this works or not.

Regards,

Steven_L