cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage & Facetime issues after switching to virgin

bexylou02
Joining in

i switched from EE to Virgin this completed 4th Jan

however ever since this completed i have not been able to activate iMesage or Facetime on my iPhone 11

i need to find out if my contract is provisioned for iMessage & if my plan is able to send international messages- i’m not able to get through to customer services 🤦🏽‍♀️

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @bexylou02, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced with iMessage and Facetime on your iPhone 11.

Can you please advise me if you've ported a number in from EE to Virgin Mobile?

If so, you may need to update the phone number manually in the Settings on the handset.

The handset will detect the original number provided by Virgin Mobile, and will not take any porting request to Virgin Mobile into account

Do give this a try and let me know if this helps resolve the issues you're experiencing

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

41 REPLIES 41

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @bexylou02, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced with iMessage and Facetime on your iPhone 11.

Can you please advise me if you've ported a number in from EE to Virgin Mobile?

If so, you may need to update the phone number manually in the Settings on the handset.

The handset will detect the original number provided by Virgin Mobile, and will not take any porting request to Virgin Mobile into account

Do give this a try and let me know if this helps resolve the issues you're experiencing

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I have been through all the setting numerous time and i’ve been on the phone with apple for hours on more than one occasion and everything is correct my number is my ported number from EE that’s come over to Virgin @David_Bn

Does the handset or the applications require any software updates? 

Can you advise me what Apple have advised you?

We wouldn't have the ability to disable or effect any use of applications on the handset and your contract would be provisioned to use the applications you refer to

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

everything is updated 

Apple have told me to check those two items with you as from their side everything is set up correctly.

i have found threads from last year with many customers having the same issue as me when switching to you but i could not find a resolution- my iPhone is set up exactly the same as it was prior to me putting the virgin sim card in and my number porting

Hi @bexylou02

Thanks for the reply! 

The number wouldn't restrict you from sending iMessage or using FaceTime as the iPhone should automatically use your Apple ID if it cannot use your mobile number for whatever reason, so if FaceTime or iMessage isn't activating at all then this is certainly an Apple issue. 

Can you advise what error message you get when trying to FaceTime someone?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

the error stated activation unsuccessful 

theg work perfectly fine with my email address it is my mobile number that it will not allow me to activate - i have spent numerous hours on the phone with apple and all settings are correct 

i’m getting very annoyed now and regretting switching to yourselves as i’ve never had this much issue with other providers.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There have been a couple of cases where the following has helped.

Sign out of your Apple ID

Switch off and Reboot the phone 

Sign back in to your Apple ID

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

If you could try the above from the very helpful @enlli - let us know how you get on.

If your normal calls and texts work then your mobile number has ported over correctly.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes that has worked !!!

3 days of going round and round in circles - i thank you very very much for your helpful workaround 😊