cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage activation problem

MARoberts
Joining in

Just started account with virgin and had my old number ported yesterday. 

Since then I have not been able to get iMessage or FaceTime to activate. Having read all the problems I tried all the necessary steps resetting all settings including factory reset with no solution, having phoned Apple and they have completed extensive tests and think it maybe an issue with the network or sim. I’m a week within my contract and will cancel if the issue isn’t resolved. 

has anyone got any tips on how to activate this as I use both iMessage and face time often hence the iPhone use.

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried logging out of your Apple ID. Rebooting the phone then logging back in. 

Apple are not very clever at auto updating with SIM swaps this will force it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MARoberts,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your mobile/Apple services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I can see you were given some helpful info from Enlli above, did this help resolve the issue?

If not, please let me know so we can look into it further.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Good afternoon I phoned Apple and they were extremely helpful getting engineers to look into for me but suggested each hour I sign out of iCloud turn iMessage off and back on again to pick up the mobile number rather than the email addresses and it eventually worked 😃

Hey MARoberts,

Thanks so much for getting back to me about this issue with your iPhone, I am really glad Apple were able to help and resolve it for you!

They are really good when you have a problem so I'm not surprised they were able to help 🙂

If you have any other issues with your mobile that you think might be network related, please come back to us!

Thanks again!

Megan_L