Did you mean: 

how do i make a formal complaint

boswelluk
Joining in

My disabled wifes phone has been blocked without warning

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @boswelluk,

Welcome back to the community and sorry that it couldn't be on better terms than this issue with your wife's sim only contract.

I would like to take a further look into this but would need for you to pass account security to be able to do this, I will send over a private message in a moment, please look out for this and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'll escalate this to the team for you.

Seems strange, there must be a reason. Is it PAYG and has she made a chargeable call or sent a text in the last 90 days?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

We are both on a sim only 12 month contract with unlimited texts.

They say she has sent too many texts, so without warning they just blocked her phone and i cant get to speak to anyone in authority to unlock it.

The call centre said I may get a call back tomorrow, so until then her phone remains blocked, im absolutely disgusted with VM.

I have been a virgin media customer for more than 10 years and spend over £100 a month on services and expect a better service than this.

Hi @boswelluk,

Welcome back to the community and sorry that it couldn't be on better terms than this issue with your wife's sim only contract.

I would like to take a further look into this but would need for you to pass account security to be able to do this, I will send over a private message in a moment, please look out for this and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for coming back to me with your details in a private message @boswelluk.

The issue is being looked into by the fraud team due to the volume of text messages that have been sent, this system has seen this as potential fraud and has suspended the services, while it was investigated further. 

We should have informed you that this would be happening rather than you discovering it for yourself, I have looked into your account and the restrictions have now been lifted from the account, so your wife should now be able to use her phone again.

Please can you try this and let me know if she is able to send messages again.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

My wife is now able to make calls and receive some texts but they are not getting through from my phone to my wifes, this gets stranger by the minute.

Also her phone a galaxy A51 keeps saying Refreshing sim data.

Regards,

boswelluk

Thanks for coming back to me @boswelluk.

I'm glad that your wife can now send text messages but not good that she cannot send them to you. Is your wife able to message and call you?

I have looked into both of your numbers and all the settings seem to be correct and as they should be to get a full service. This may not work but would you both be able to restart your handsets, to see if this can help at all?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

The plot just gets thicker, she is able to make and receive calls and texts, but not receive any texts from my number, I have sent 5 over the hour and none have got thru.

We restarted both handsets previously so i suppose we'll just have to wait and see how this all pans out.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @boswelluk

Could the both of you try a manual network search for me please? If you run through the link here and select your device you'll be able to find out how to do a manual network search.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis,

Thanks for the info, have done as you suggested.

My wife's phone was set to automatic selection, so I have disconnected auto and now set it to Virgin.

My phone was already set to Virgin, but 5 texts I sent earlier have still not arrived on my wife's phone, although she receives ok from everyone else, very strange.

regards,

boswelluk