cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eu roaming worthless

Waqar-UK
On our wavelength

I have 100GB data, unlimited calls - text on my VM phone.

So called "EU roaming" is a joke.

According to so called "fair usage" I can only use 8.55GB

of data in the EU!!

This re-defines fair use!!

From https://store.virginmedia.com/FUP-Calculator.html

Fair use should be about 80% of your data.

I have been a VM customer for almost 20 years and use their broad band and landline services.

I will leave them for someone else. Any recommendations??

5 REPLIES 5

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

O2

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jb66 wrote:

O2

From O2 T&C

If your UK monthly data allowance is over 25GB, you’ll have a Roaming Limit of 25GB when roaming in our Europe Zone. This means you can use up to 25GB of your allowance at no extra costs - we’ll text you if you’re getting close to the limit, and again if you reach it. You can still use data if you reach our Roaming Limit, but you’ll be charged at £3.50/GB.

Three is the same allowance. Vodafone and EE charge.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Waqar-UK
On our wavelength

Thanks.

I will look into this. VM is being horrible. I, last week took a contract until 2024. Will cancel it and wait until my current contract finishes in 2023.

Waqar-UK
On our wavelength

I forgot to add. VM mobile is now stating that my minutes / text allowance cannot be used in the EU. It will cost me premium rates to call while in the EU and even more back home to the UK.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Forgot. Three have now introduced a £2 per day charge to roam in the EU  So only O2 left who  also limit the length of time you can roam

"Using our services in our Europe Zone for more than 63 days in any four-month period is what we consider to be unfair use. If you do this we’ll send you a fair usage notification by text. If you continue to use these services after we’ve notified you, we’ll apply surcharges for further usage that we recognise as overage.

These surcharges are £3.50 per GB for data, 3.3p per minute for calls and 1p per text. The surcharges will appear on your next month’s bill. We’ll stop applying surcharges to your European Zone usage once the majority of your usage over the previous four months has been in the UK."

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks