Menu
pmcabinet
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

email address not recognised

For at least eight years I have logged into my mobile account using the same email address. Now I am told "this does not look like an email address". Same result when attempting to re-register.

My bills are sent to this address! I registered with this community using this address!

I have had to use an alternative email (luckily I have one!), but I don't want to use it for my account since this alternative was set up to deal with nuisance emails, potential spam etc.

Having finally accessed my account, I tried to update it with my preferred email address; same result: "This does not look like an email address".

How has this ridiculous situation arisen? I am inclined to switch to a provider that has a proper database of email types. I do NOT want my bills and communications sent to the 'alternative' address.

Anyone know how to fix this?

0 Kudos
Chellen2019
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: email address not recognised

How many mobile accounts do you have with them?

It is best to call them, to remove the registered online account. 

Then, re-register online with your preferred email

It may ask for a security question (It is the password when you're calling the team)

lastly, verify your email account  

hope it works

0 Kudos
pmcabinet
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Chellen2019'

I have just the one account (my wife has another). I have re-registered but had to use an address that is for other purposes; the reg process would not accept my usual email address. It has a hyphen in it; is that the problem? (But it wasn't a problem when I opened the account many years ago!)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pmcabinet,

Thank you for using the Community Forum about your Online account concern. I can only appreciate the hassle that this has caused.

Thank you @Chellen2019 for your response, that's one the ways our customers can seek assistance regarding this concern.

Alternatively, we can check on your account further to determine as to why your e-mail address seems not being recognised. We can do this via online chat.

Cheers,

Ann_E

0 Kudos