cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSim

applemanda
Joining in

HELP!

I have just had my esim activated yet I cannot take calls via my watch unless my phone is with me, shouldn’t this be working?

I have gone into the watch app on my phone but it’s saying virgin do not provide esim service therefore I cannot amend any settings 😢

any help?

8 REPLIES 8

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
At the moment Virgin Mobile's eSIMs are for main devices only i.e. phone or tablet. They don't support companion devices like watches.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

TheWeeBear
On our wavelength

Going by other forum posts, Virgin only support esim functionality on phones, not watches currently applemanda.

Hi,

I have just been speaking with them and have requested to back to my normal sim as they didn’t tell me this when I enquired about the sim in the first place!

Seriously fuming right now 🤬

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Although the eSIM doesn't work with the watch, it will work exactly the same in your phone as a physical SIM.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On most phones having an eSIM allows you to have a second SIM in the normal slot, effectively making your phone dual SIM 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @applemanda,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you've had a bit of trouble with your eSIM and the use of companion devices. From your last post, can you confirm if you've requested and ordered a physical SIM to be sent out to you by the team?

Let us know if you need any further support.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi,

Yes, thank you, I have ordered a sim which is on its way!

I specifically told the advisor I wanted to use the esim with my watch and was never told that this was not possible!

Hi @applemanda

Thank you so much for your response and I'm so sorry that you were not informed of this prior to ordering the eSIM 

I'm glad to hear that you have been able to reorder an old SIM. Can you let us know how things are looking once it arrives? 

Thank you.