cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dual sim not working

gilburton
Dialled in

I have an unusual problem. I  have a pay monthly still under contract and it has app another 6 mths to run.

The problem is AT HOME the virgin signal is terrible but ok elsewhere. I appear to be in a bit of a black spot signal wise although it has only been the last few months where the phone isn't receiving a signal AT HOME.

I did a bit or research and found that EE had a very strong signal in my area so I bought a PAYG sim to use in my samsung A50 alongside the virgin sim, just to receive calls at home, but it would appear there is a block on it? I have tried the sim in a known unlocked phone and it works so I can only assume that the virgin phone is locked?? I thought PM phones were not locked??

Presumably a PAYG virgin sim would work but that doesn't help the loss of signal.

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello gilburton,

Thanks for taking the time to post in regards to the mobile signal issues you're experiencing at home, we understand the frustration this can cause.

From looking at the EE network in your local area there are numerous masts currently being worked on, at present there is only one mast local to you currently fully operational as opposed to the usual 7. It looks like it is planned work and would explain the poor signal due to the obvious congestion this would cause.

Rob

Ok but it only explains the loss of signal and no info about how long before it gets back to normal.

It had got to the stage where people had to ring my vodaphone mobile and I handed it to my wife instead of calling direct on the virgin mobile lol

The signal is either non existant or maybe 1 or 2 bars on a good day.It is like going back to the early days with the phone held high and/or trying all over the house and out in the garden?

This is/was the reason for trying another sim but if the virgin phone is indeed locked can I get it unlocked or is there a clash between the sims??

I have tried the virgin sim in mine and it is definately the signal as I have no problems with vodaphone or the EE PAYG sim as the signal jumps up quite a lot.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin phones are definitely not locked and haven't been for quite a while.

What happens if you remove the Virgin SIM and just try the PAYG in slot one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks