Menu
ozg
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

deactivated payg sim

The sim was working yesterday but today it is disconnected without warning. I tried to call the number and got a non available message. It looks like it is deactivated. I am very upset that I lost the number. Is it possible to reactivate the sim or transfer the credit to my other sim?  

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: deactivated payg sim

When did you last make a chargeable call or text on the SIM? Usually they are deactivated due to none use  for 90 days, but if that is not the case your need to talk to Customer Services

If it was disconnected for none use then it will be more difficult to get your number and credit back..

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
ozg
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I didn’t make a call or text. I receive calls and texts. However I have the sim for over 10 years and it hadn’t been deactivated before.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

From Virgin Terms and Conditions

"As part of our terms and condition's all SIM cards must be used once every 90 days for a text or phone call to ensure the number remains active. You can find our terms and conditions here but I have copied below the parts you'll want to see. 

3.8 Keep talking!: You need to use our Services at least once within any 90 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message. If you don’t we may suspend your access to the Services and cancel this Agreement. If we cancel this Agreement, you may lose your phone number and any unused Top Up credit on your account (see Clause 10.3). We don’t really want to lose you as a customer so please ensure you keep talking or texting!

3.5 No refund: If you don’t use all of the credit in any Top Up that you purchase, or such Top Up expires (if applicable) then we will not give you a refund for it. If this Agreement is cancelled (unless you cancel in accordance with Clause 5.4) then you will also lose any credit you have on your account and we will not refund it to you"

You have been fortunate, they often go beyond the 90 days, but every so often they do have a clear out to release numbers for future use.

Customers Services may help but I suspect they will follow the company line.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
ozg
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

CS is useless beyond belief. As the phone I am using is not a smart phone (no internet access) they couldn't verify and access to my account. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi ozg

Welcome to our community forum pages and thank you for posting. 

We are sorry for any disappointment which has been caused regarding your PAYG SIM card.

If there has not been any activity on the SIM for 90 days then this will become deactivated unfortunately.

We are also sorry hear that you feel this way about our customer service team. Prior to accessing any accounts our team are required to pass the necessary data protection checks.

Did our team ask you to confirm some characters from the memorable word on the account? If you are also the named account holder some alternative security questions can also be asked. Was this offered as an option?

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
ozg
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

T&C should have been changed since I got that sim. For being active it was enough to receive calls. The card also has been topped up in February. 

I had been in contact with two of CS team and both asked me to click links to verify account. They can't help if they can't verify the accounts. They didn't give any other option. One of them even told me to copy and paste the link from phone to a PC!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I can only apologise Ozg. A chargeable service like a call needs to be made within a 90 day period to keep the number active. In regards to your account, could you expand a little? Is this the online account you're trying to verify? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
ozg
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes, online account. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, is the online account you're trying to activate for the number that has since been terminated? 

Dean C

0 Kudos