cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data roaming not working tenerife

chrisRofcourse
Joining in

in tenerife & data roaming not working. i have tried all the steps advised online...and all the Enlii steps, nothing working.

advice line numbers to uk not contactable! and the text service, without connection cant send! likewise the APN text 'All' as msg wont send!

maddening!

7 REPLIES 7

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @chrisRofcourse,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear of your roaming issue. We can understand the frustration caused when traveling and we want to best help. 

Just to confirm, are these the steps you followed online?  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-roaming-hub/spain Also what device do you have? Have tried rebooting your device and seeing if the issues persist?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

hi akua a

yes i took all the steps: roaming is on international call barring is off, i have rebooted multiple times & have taken all the steps outlined in the Enlii posts in the forum. 

the sevice is iphone13 & all software is up to date

Hi @chrisRofcourse thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry that things still aren't working for you - can you now please check your Virgin Mobile account online and check to see if Data Roaming is enabled on your online account?

Many thanks

Tom_W

hi tom,

data roaming was set to on the day before departure from the uk and has been since and rebooted multiple times. as above alk the advised steps have been taken. i remain without service and tbh it has ruined my holiday.

c

Hi Chris, sincerest apologies for these ongoing issues with Data roaming whilst you are on holiday. 

Are you able to reset the network settings on your phone? Let us know if this resolves things!

All the best. 

Molly

hi molly

as i have already said, i have taken all the steps advised and nothing has worked: reset network settings, rebooted multiple times, the 'enlii' step by step, etc. nothing works,

i have used my phone with the same sim abroad before with no problem. as this problem has come up before for different customers repeatedly, as shown on the forum there is clearly an ongoing issue between you and movistar.

c

Thank you for coming back to let us know!

Are you travelling with anyone else with a SIM from a different network/provider that you can test with the handset?

If you can also test the SIM in an alternative handset if possible and let us know how you get on. 

All the best!

Molly