cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit score

ash_peesian
Joining in

Hi virgin community 

I just had new phone contract for my wife from virgin, this was my second contract whit it was nearly 4 weeks ago

today I had a message from clear score and new report added to my credit score 

unfortunately they saying you have an unsecured loan from virgin mobile and my credit score font down nearly 55 points which is a lot for me

so I just need to find out how can I get my points back

6 REPLIES 6

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ash_peesian, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us. 

We're sorry to hear you were unaware that we would credit check you when applying for your recent new contract. This is made clear when ordering online and also when speaking to the teams. 

You can view more on why we credit check here: Our Credit check policy.

In terms of getting any points back, this is something you can speak to Clearscore regarding. 

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for replying but my point is iv already had a contract with virgin for myself this was a second contract for my wife and I contracted to clear score they saying virgin mobile had a hard search on you credit check 

basicly you guy’s should have removed it 

Hi ash_peesian, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Regardless of whether you have a contract with us already, if you decide to take a new contract then a new credit search would be run and recorded on your file. 

We wouldn't be able to remove a search that has been correctly conducted I'm afraid. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It would be 2 phones on two different unsecured loans so the searches would be correct.

As to your actual credit score that would be down to the agency

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jamesofmerton
Super solver
'my credit score font down nearly 55 points which is a lot for me'

ignore the score only you see it. it bears little relation to banks/other providers of determining if you get credit. they use their own scoring system. they will also have access to information experian, clear score etc do not have.

virgin nor any other company will never remove a hard credit search unless an error has been made or it is the result of a fraudulent record.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ash_peesian

My colleagues and your fellow community members have advised you correctly.  I hope you're feeling reassured.

Regards

Lee_R