cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contacts names not showing up

ron16
Joining in

contact names not showing on call on a i phone 11 and i phone 13 pro have done factory re-set on both phones which does correct the issue for a couple of weeks then the problem  comes back

i have done this many times but still the issue comes back i visited the apple store and they assured me that it was not a problem with my phones and said it is a network problem

can some one please help

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ron16
Joining in

thank you its working again after a phone re-set but will try your   suggestion  next time if it goes off again and will let you know

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ron16,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with contact names on multiple devices. We can understand this is not ideal. 

Please try the following steps and let me know if the issue persists?

Go to: Settings > mobile data > SIM Applications (near bottom) > tap "Roaming" > tap "Select Mode"

Tap manual > then choose National.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

ron16
Joining in

thank you its working again after a phone re-set but will try your   suggestion  next time if it goes off again and will let you know

No problem at all @ron16.

Please continue to monitor this and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Learner1
Joining in
I had issues with contact names not coming up when receiving calls from people in my contacts list and I had to turn off DIAL ASSIST to dial a number from my contact list.
The reason this was happening was because I had not loaded the numbers correctly. all mobile numbers must be preceded by + 44 and all house numbers in UK preceded with 00 44. This has solved all issues with dialing and receiving calls from my contacts list and I can now use phone with DIAL ASSIST turned on.

Thanks for sharing @Learner1

Your post may help others in the community who have similar issues.

Much appreciated!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team