Menu
mehere2019
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

cancelled mobile within 14 days - DD taken :/

I bought a SIM only for my daughter, she couldn't get reliable reception so I called and canx within the 14 days.

Just had a DD taken, I note now the cancellation email says '30 days notice'.

I was told no payment immediate cancellation as within the 14 days - how can I get this resolved please?

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: cancelled mobile within 14 days - DD taken :/

Contact your bank and say they made an error - use the Direct Debit guarantee they like to shove down our throats on every sales call.

You would only be charged for what's been used - not the airtime if within the 14 days - 30 days notice only applies if you are leaving totally OR porting out.
0 Kudos
mehere2019
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The SIM got used for <10 mins voice calls and <10 texts as reception in my area was so poor - do I have to pay for this usage when canx within 14 days?

I want to play fair even though VM don't seem to - saying on the phone it's cancelled and then emailing with small text '30 days notice' seems like theft to me...

Should I really back the DD? 

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes you would need to pay for that - and you need to let the bank sort it - ask them to reverse it but let VM know first. You usually get a bill a few days later and then you are billed 10-14 days later depending on the company
0 Kudos
mehere2019
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks =]
0 Kudos