Menu
Highlighted
purvinders
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

cancellation of contract

hi
I sent a letters  canceling  2 phone contracts before we emigrated. I'm not in contract month on month rolling contract for the last 5-6 years.We sent  letters in 2nd November 2018 and left the direct debit running to settle the last remaining amounts.

GBP 25.00 a month x 2 

I have seen that Virgin continued to take payments out of my account even though they know that the phones are not being used and we put this in writing to cancel.

Letters were sent to Swansea address for the phones and equipment Hampshire. I know you received them as we had to send the equipment back for the tv and broadband equipment and we had received the bag to send them back to you.

I have come to the uk to attend some matters and i have a lady chasing me for GBP 25.00 

Please can you advise what is going on .

Regards 

Mr P T 

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancellation of contract

I don't imagine they're going to instruct international trace and collect agents for £25.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
purvinders
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Lol , well they got people calling me from the Philippines. 

Always pay your debts as dad says. 

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Unbelievable. I once instructed trace and collect agents to find a man with a cheque book and no money in Beirut and take them off him. It cost $100. It's probably costing more to get someone harassing you than they're expecting to recover!

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
purvinders
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

True 

what’s amazing I m not in a contract. 

I sent a letter to both tv and broad . 

Also virgin mobile 

They've received them as they sent the bag for the tv box etc.

They can see the phones haven’t been used. 

They continued to take money out of my account. 

Until I cancelled the direct debit last week. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello Purvinder, 

Sorry you're wishing to cancel.

You'll need to call our team on +44 7953 967 967 and they can assist further. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
purvinders
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi john

it’s not I’m cancelling, I’ve cancelled and written to virgin and given virgin sufficient notice as I am not in contract either. i know you’ve received the letters as got a bag to return your tv and broadband equipment.

Yet you still take payments out of my account . 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi purvinders,

What we would advise is that to cancel the services with us would require a phone call into our centres, we don't accept cancellations via written communication.

I am unsure as to why you would have received packaging to return the equipment but I would recommend calling us as soon as you possibly can to make sure the service is cancelled. 

David_Bn

0 Kudos
purvinders
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Dear David,

The below statement on cancelling contracts, I suggest you talk to your legal team, last thing you want is this going Viral”.

“What we would advise is that to cancel the services with us would require a phone call into our centres, we don't accept cancellations via written communication.”

It’s states no where in your contract literature that virgin do not accept cancellations in writing . This is the most absurd statement I have read in contract law. 

Secondly, if we cannot cancel that means we are not in a contract and don’t need to abide by your so called conditions . 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Purvinders.

I can look further into this for you via a PM. 

However I won't personally be able to cancel the services via a PM service so calling into the centre in regards to this matter may be the most feasible way of doing this.

Would you like my assistance or can you give us a call on 0345 454 1111

David_Bn

0 Kudos