Menu
Highlighted
LeeLeeLeeLee
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

can you provide me with an Unlock Code

Hello

I have an Samsung Galaxy s4 and which I believe we purchased on a contract with Virgin Media a few years ago. My wife has used the phone until recently, but she has now got a newer handset and I wish to sell the phone, but it would be easier to sell if it was unlocked.  I understand that I need to obtain an Unlock Code from Virgin Mobile.Can you put me in touch with someone who can provide me with an Unlock Code?  The IMEI number is: ***************.

Regards

Lee

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
RobertRyan91
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: can you provide me with an Unlock Code

All virgin phones come unlocked I believe

0 Kudos
LeeLeeLeeLee
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Robert, I am informed that recent handsets are supplied network-unlocked but older handsets,like mine, which is around 4 years old, were not supplied network unlocked.  I have also inserted a friends non-Virgin SIM in the phone and could not get it to make a phone call or get on the net. 

0 Kudos
RobertRyan91
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Will have to wait for a staff member to assist they can supply you an unlock code, will take a few days for them to reply unless you contact virgin by phone

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@RobertRyan91 wrote:

Will have to wait for a staff member to assist they can supply you an unlock code, will take a few days for them to reply unless you contact virgin by phone

Dunno if they can or not, but I doubt it. OP would be better phoning in.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can try this online unlock request form for Android phones  https://keepup.virginmedia.com/unlock-code-request

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos