cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't text 20220

jaxuk1996
Joining in

I'm in the process of switching from Virgin Mobile to O2 as part of a Volt migration.

I had a text message on my Virgin Mobile number to text SWAP to 20220 to activate my O2 SIM and start the process but my phone (Samsung Galaxy A40 with the Virgin Mobile SIM in it) refuses to send the message.

I've seen that I can also make the swap via My O2 but the first thing it asks for is either my O2 email or my O2 phone number (which is supposed to be the same as my current Virgin number when the swap is all done), so I'm a bit stuck. Any suggestions? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @jaxuk1996,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble with the swap. From what you have posted, you currently have an active Virgin Mobile SIM, and are moving to an O2 SIM to benefit from a VOLT package.

The 'SWAP' to 20220 is an internal process for O2 SIMs only. It's their version of a SIM Replacement. To transfer your Virgin Mobile number to O2, you will need to provide a PAC Code to O2, who will begin the process and it will complete within 24 hours.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to locate any details for you on our end via your Forums information. Can you please try to text 'PAC' and your birthday, all on the same line to 65075.

E.G: PAC 01/01/1996

You'll receive PAC information within a couple of minutes, and will need to call O2 Customer Services to begin the process. Unfortunately, we don't have access to O2's systems, so would not be able to process this. If you have any issues generating a PAC Code, please let me know so I can assist further.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Set up My O2 using your temp number then do the swap through there. Once swapped the number in My O2 will change to your old one 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Very Insightful Person,

I've just checked and sadly, this won't work, as if I use my O2 mobile number, O2 want to send a text to it to give me access to My O2...but the SIM isn't active yet to receive a text.

I'm going to try Virgin Mobile for help, but thank you for your suggestion!

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @jaxuk1996,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble with the swap. From what you have posted, you currently have an active Virgin Mobile SIM, and are moving to an O2 SIM to benefit from a VOLT package.

The 'SWAP' to 20220 is an internal process for O2 SIMs only. It's their version of a SIM Replacement. To transfer your Virgin Mobile number to O2, you will need to provide a PAC Code to O2, who will begin the process and it will complete within 24 hours.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to locate any details for you on our end via your Forums information. Can you please try to text 'PAC' and your birthday, all on the same line to 65075.

E.G: PAC 01/01/1996

You'll receive PAC information within a couple of minutes, and will need to call O2 Customer Services to begin the process. Unfortunately, we don't have access to O2's systems, so would not be able to process this. If you have any issues generating a PAC Code, please let me know so I can assist further.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

Hi Reece,

Thanks very much. I was sort of thinking this might be the case but was trying to exhaust all avenues before doing this.

I'm glad you've saved me some research and will follow your instructions now.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries at all, @jaxuk1996. It is a bit of a confusing process, so I apologise for the time it has taken up until now.

Please let us know how you get on, or if you need any further assistance 🙂

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

.@Reece_MH I followed your instructions and had my PAC code within 5 minutes. 8 minutes later I had finished my call to O2 customer services and my number transfer is scheduled for tomorrow, so I'm really happy.

Thanks again for your help!

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jaxuk1996,

Thanks for popping back with an update. I'm glad to hear that you've managed to get the ball rolling and this issue sorted! Enjoy the double data, and speed boost!

If you need anything else, feel free to pop back.

Take care,

Reece - Forum Team