cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't receive texts from vodafone

becon12
Tuning in

Since I joined Virgin from Vodafone about 10 weeks ago, I cannot receive personal texts sent  from  or with a vodafone platform. For Virgin, this is a question of "ignore him and he will go away"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi becon12,

Thank you for coming back to me, have you both tried removed each other form the contacts and re- adding?

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi becon12

Thanks for posting - can you elaborate on this. Can you elaborate on the personal text bit for me as I'm confused by the meaning?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thank you for your post.

This has been an on going problem since I joined Virgin from Vodafone in September 2021. The problem is that I can receive text messages from everyone and any organisation but cannot receive private text, (e.g. from my son), mesages sent from a vodafone platform but they can recieve mine. I can receive messages from anyone via WhatsApp though. Why?

Thank you

Hi Beacon12,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community and welcome back, when you say pesonal Text do you just mean you can't Text your Son?

Regards

Paul.

Hiya Paul,

I meant/mean that my son can receive my texts but I cannot receive texts he sends/sent to me. I can receive his phone calls made via my mobile number though.

I hope that helps

Cheers

Hi becon12,

Thank you for coming back to me, have you both tried removed each other form the contacts and re- adding?

Regards

Paul.

No we haven't done that. We shall try that tonite.

Thank you. I'll let you know one way or the other.

Best regards

I think that seems to work, thank you.  I got his text message. I have sent my son a text. I am waiting for him to reply by text.

We're glad to hear that seems to work. Please do let us know if it is sorted. 

^Martin

Yes, it has thank you. In the end the solution was simple. Just wondered why nobody, (including me), thought of that.

Best regards

B