Menu
Highlighted
GeoK
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

can't access account

Can anyone offer me advice on accessing a mobile account

It is my wife’s phone and she has been exceeding her talk time allowance so need to upgrade to a plan with more talk time.

I have tried phoning 789 but the password I have written down is not accepted.

Have tried to register on line but get to account verification where it asks for the answer to a security question but there is not a question displayed.

I thought may be we had already registered the account so went to the login and went to the ‘Forgot Password’ but got message ‘ Couldn’t reset password because there was a problem with the Email address. This is despite the fact that she gets offers about her account to the Email address I used.

Then I tried the ‘Forgot Email and Password’ but got a message ‘Sorry we can’t find you on the system.

The bills for this phone, my mobile, broadband phone and TV package are all payed from the same bank account.

One further problem is that my wife is recovering from a stroke so is unable to handle having the hassle of talking to people asking for information.

Any help would be appreciated, I have tried every number I can find to get to an administrator who can help. The only way I can see at the moment is to cancel the direct debit and start again with a new SIM card.

Thanks

0 Kudos
GeoK
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: can't access account

Well a new twist today.

Had an Email from Virgin detailing this months bill for my wife's phone.

It stated her phone number and account number so I clicked on the 'log into your account' button and it loged into my mobile account.

Different phone number, different account number and different bill details.

What is going on?

0 Kudos
GeoK
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Still unable to solve this, has anybody gat any ideas?

0 Kudos
PandaUK
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I swapped to Virgin Mobile in July, and have not been able to view any bills they have sent me.  If they don't sort the problem out soon, I'm going to treat it as theft, I'm so feed up as I am sure your wife and you are.

0 Kudos
GeoK
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes hopeless trying to get through their system.

It seems impossible to make contact other than their call center.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi GeoK, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry that there's some trouble accessing your wife's account, I can appreciate you're keen to get this sorted. 

We will need to pass account security to assist further with this but what I'll do is pop you a personal message and see what I can do to help. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
GeoK
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well I have to thank Emma-C who has worked the magic and the account now functions as it should.

Thanks for all the effort Emma-C

0 Kudos